62 inch long SU-47 dev (Pictures)

Porkdude

Intro: I'v built a few planes since iv got into the hobby, some worked ("Worked") some didn't. So I decided to start getting a little more technical, and I found out that doing the math works alot better than eye balling it (Really?). So the other day I got an urge to build a large plane, I asked some of my friends what they thought would be a cool design. Me and one of my friends both decided an SU-47 would be an awesome plane to try to get to fly.

So I drew up some plans and never did anything with them for a bout a month, until a few days ago.
IMG_4106.JPG IMG_4107.JPG IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4110.JPG IMG_4111.JPG IMG_4112.JPG IMG_4113.JPG
So I'll be trying this out this afternoon after I get the ailerons hooked up.
Any feedback would be appreciated and I'll try to respond.

Porkdude

So I flew it, and I crashed. HOWEVER I'm happy about it. Everything worked as I designed the first flight. No adjustments. The reason for crash is the ailerons did not work very well. I read that forward swept wings funnel the air towards the body, which I now know is true because of the ridiculous elevator control I had. V2 I'm hoping to use the canards as elevons/ailerons. Expect V2 soon! If you have any feedback I would be happy to hear it!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I Like what you have so far. Are the ailerons the full width of the wing? the Su-47 is a beautiful plane

On my VF-9 (forward swept wing) has flaps and ailerons the ailerons are on the out side and flaps in.

Porkdude

I Like what you have so far. Are the ailerons the full width of the wing? the Su-47 is a beautiful plane

On my VF-9 (forward swept wing) has flaps and ailerons the ailerons are on the out side and flaps in.

Almost, I would say 80-90%. However they need to be wider. Like I said, there was not much aileron control. The only reason I made it land was because I was using the throttle and the wind to make it turn towards a safe direction. Elevator worked amazing.