63" Spitfire Conversion

Hoagie mouth

I've had this Spitfire for over a decade but haven't put it in the air. I fly foamies under 4' so this 5lb 63" wing span spitfire is a big jump up in scale for me.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for motor/ prop combinations and servo size. I will likely put the alerons on separate servos but I might keep the tail surface controls as is for now. I'm not really going for a purely scale build and if I manage to not turn it into a pile of match sticks I'd like to eventually add complexity, like split flaps and retracts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_085647565.jpg
    IMG_20200219_085647565.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200219_085736348.jpg
    IMG_20200219_085736348.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200219_085625445.jpg
    IMG_20200219_085625445.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
I've had this Spitfire for over a decade but haven't put it in the air. I fly foamies under 4' so this 5lb 63" wing span spitfire is a big jump up in scale for me.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for motor/ prop combinations and servo size. I will likely put the alerons on separate servos but I might keep the tail surface controls as is for now. I'm not really going for a purely scale build and if I manage to not turn it into a pile of match sticks I'd like to eventually add complexity, like split flaps and retracts.
I'm no expert, but trying to stick to scale as best you can is probably not a bad thing...

The real spitfire was built to fly, no? So if you stick to keeping it as close to reality as possible you have the biggest chance of avoiding problems with weight distribution etc.

Bricks

Master member
What are you thinking gas, glow, four stroke, electric, standard size servos " (0.73" widex1.52" longx1.32" h on that size war bird will work just fine.

Off-topic jes

Elite member

Hey how’s the build