7.5" Dh.88 Comet (sort of)

micro_builder

Hey folks, just finished this little guy, didnt turn out exactly like a Comet, but its close. Flew quite well, plenty of thrust, pretty quick, but the steering is really sensitive, even with the dual rates set to low, I had to just barely move the rudder stick or it'd nose in...really strong thrust differential with these electronics.

7.5" wingspan
7.43g AUW with 50mah lipo
All balsa construction
KF606 electronics

I suck at editing, so the video is pretty long (flight begins at 35:12), and my old trusty Mobius camera really isnt up to the task of capturing something this small at any distance (looking for either a better camera, or a way to strap my phone to a hat).

Nick

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hey folks, just finished this little guy, didnt turn out exactly like a Comet, but its close. Flew quite well, plenty of thrust, pretty quick, but the steering is really sensitive, even with the dual rates set to low, I had to just barely move the rudder stick or it'd nose in...really strong thrust differential with these electronics.

7.5" wingspan
All balsa construction
KF606 electronics

I suck at editing, so the video is pretty long (flight begins at 35:12), and my old trusty Mobius camera really isnt up to the task of capturing something this small at any distance (looking for either a better camera, or a way to strap my phone to a hat).

Nick

How do you not lose such a thing while FLYING?

Hondo76251

Legendary member

7.5" wingspan
All balsa construction
KF606 electronics

Nick

Thats awesome!
Incredible that you can get something that small to even fly!

In my experience its pretty hard to get any camera to see a plane well, let alone follow it. It can be done but it takes higher end equipment that im not willing to invest in. I usually just substitute quality ground or chase footage with a camera or two on the plane but i dont think that feasible at the scale your playing with! Lol

micro_builder

Thanks! In all honesty, I'm usually just as surprised the things I build actually fly lol

I'm going to try using my iphone as my camera next time, just need to find a mount to attach it to a hat...its got to be better than my near decade old Mobius cam.