7" FPV Monitor

Anthemius

Yep that's a really good looking instal.. at first i wanna do also like that but i prefer do everything for a good range :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yep that's a really good looking instal.. at first i wanna do also like that but i prefer do everything for a good range :)

I'm all for clean setups - helps a lot in running down problems. I will meet some requirements:

- All connections will be soldered and insulated, heat shrink preferred if I can find some or buy some.
- All systems separately switched on/off.
- One fuse for the system - will save battery in case of short.
- Color coded wire (hopefully).
- No solid wire, only stranded. Solid wire breaks when stressed too much.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This monitor doesn't blue screen does it? I'm thinking of getting one myself. The one I'm getting online locally here looks like this one only http://www.quadkopters.com/product/7-tft-lcd-dashboard/

It does bluescreen, but only when the signal is so bad you can't see anything.

yes mine douse blue screen

i dont use fuses, id rather my lipo try to blow the fault clear, and have a chance of staying flying.

I want to use a fuse but with a fuse override switch to try to recover system quickly in case of failure. But the fuse should not burn in the first place unless something is really bad. Maybe I'll just skip the fuse after all.

RoyBro

Mentor
Did you post a picture of your setup? How do you like the screen? Is 7" large enough?

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Did you post a picture of your setup? How do you like the screen? Is 7" large enough?

I haven't gotten the FPV setup yet, but I tested the screen with a DVD player. I like it, it has a couple of useful features. I think it will work although it's small. As for the size, it will work fine for me as I am on a budget and can't afford a bigger screen. I am sure bigger is better, if you can afford it.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yeah, I am on the fence right now as far as display goes. I had gotten a 5" screen and planned on building it into something like a welding hood, where you could wear the screen close up, but I had to scrap that when it started getting way to heavy to be comfortable and the screen had to be pretty far away to focus on. I took and made a mount for the screen to sit in the old antenna hole on my ER9X with a glare shade thing that helps but still is not great in bright sunshine. So now I am on to plan "C"...and the question is: goggles or bigger screen...
I am tempted by the Fatsharks by both their features and widespread use, but NOT the price. Ah, decisions, decisions....

Anyway, please let us know how the screen works out for you. I ,for one, am dying to know!

RoyBro

Mentor
I see that Foxtech now has a 12 inch screen for around $170. It reportedly does not blue screen, and has a wide input voltage range. It is a little spendy, but would fit nicely in my FPV case.

aiidanwings

I see that Foxtech now has a 12 inch screen for around $170. It reportedly does not blue screen, and has a wide input voltage range. It is a little spendy, but would fit nicely in my FPV case.

When you say "does not blue screen" does that mean the image degrades without going blank?

Sorry, this is unusual lingo to me.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM

If you notice from the pics on their site it is a standard LCD monitor that has been more or less "hacked" for the required purpose.

Does not Blue Screen means exactly what you said. Image degrades but screen does not go blank.

Thurmond