7" FPV Monitor

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hello everyone,

I have been working a LOT recently, and I've had to replace a bunch of outgrown clothes and shoes and some monthly expenses are coming into my life so not much cash has been left over for the hobbies. But now I've finally catched up a bit, and it seems I'm finally getting somewhere towards fulfilling my dream of FPV.

So here's the monitor I'm going to use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330914173898

7" TFT LCD Car Rear View Backup Camera DVD Auto Reverse Headrest Monitor

$T2eC16RHJI!E9qSO8mfqBRezKLUbf!~~60_12.JPG

I've seen others using this screen and I've gotten the impression that it is not the best but it is still really good. And it was the cheapest largest portable screen with shipping to Ecuador. Well at least they were shipping to Ecuador until I completed my purchase. They updated their listing two minutes ago. Now they don't ship to Ecuador. And a lot of other countries. Interesting.

Oh, and I requested a tracking number for the package, but as of yet I have not seen one anywhere. So let's just hope my cash doesn't get lost in the deep trenches of Ecuadorian mail handling...

Anyway, I paid $32.56 for my little screen, I like the feature it has of the embeddable frame:

$(KGrHqZHJE0FF11PzSwvBRezKgG(dg~~60_12.JPG

That way I can make my FPV ground station nice and clean. I'm planning on running a 1.3GHz system and I haven't figured out the antennas yet, but I'll figure it out in time.

So, when if this item arrives safely I'll do an overview and post some pictures.

Safe flying to you all.

Anthemius

hi Colorex

i have exactly the same lcd screen.. but i didnt try it yet..I do not dare get into the adventure .. Because maybe most of the time,
I fly alone.
next week, I go visit my mother near the Swiss border. and low, there will be enough room pouyr try fpv with confidence.
I repasserais on this post to give my impressions with this screen.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
hi Colorex

i have exactly the same lcd screen.. but i didnt try it yet..I do not dare get into the adventure .. Because maybe most of the time,
I fly alone.
next week, I go visit my mother near the Swiss border. and low, there will be enough room pouyr try fpv with confidence.
I repasserais on this post to give my impressions with this screen.

Thank you Anthemius!

I just exchanged messages with the ebay seller, and it seems they had made a mistake with the shipping destinations. Well, whatever, they still have to ship a screen to me!

Anthemius

sh*** you mean they send you the wrong one... wel thats not so fine.. i hope you ll get the good one soon :)

Anthemius

yep.. ;) so i can put all my material inside.. fit perfect.. en strong enought to protect everythings..
i do have this"suitcase" since a long time.. for different kind of use..

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
yep.. ;) so i can put all my material inside.. fit perfect.. en strong enought to protect everythings..
i do have this"suitcase" since a long time.. for different kind of use..

I still have to find a "suitable" suitcase. I'd prefer something smaller though. Don't know yet how I'll place my Rx antenna.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Check with military surplus places. I got a nice waterproof "pelican" style case for cheap, that had the perfect cut out in the foam for my Tx.

Anthemius

for the receiver, I'll take 3 or 4 pieces of cane fishing.like this, the receiver will be about 3 meters in height.
I'll take a picture of the system when it is done