737 FT Style

jpot1

Elite member
Slow going. Built the second wing, glued them together with a bit of dihedral and managed to shove the wires through. Removable wing situated. 4 rubber bands holds thing securely.

Since the nacelles are so small I need to feed the wires through the nacelle top and then solder on the xt60 connector to connect with the xt60 connector on the esc. Should be fun!

Next up, soldering followed by mounting the nacelles. Then pushrod/ servo hook ups all around and then the nose which is going to be tough.

DC0D288F-CBC1-4DCD-9A21-A148BF04745D.jpeg

1ACC3628-5884-4116-9AF5-CE285312EAE8.jpeg

Fidget

The wing mount looks great. Do you have a piece of fuselage under the wing that you remove, then slide the wing up in, then slide the piece in and hold both it and the wing in place with the rubber bands?

jpot1

Elite member
Yes, on the fuse I have the wing cutout. I first formed the fuse and then cut the top of the wing profile from the fuse and connected the LE and TE from side to side. The entire section drops in.

B7C31C1A-1416-447D-BE2D-EB949A1E4859.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
Servos connected up. Programmed differential thrust for the motors and figured out how to connect both elevator servos and do a mix so they travel together.

F8BA2B02-DC0B-4C6C-9BD0-073584DC4B18.jpeg

Fidget

Yes, on the fuse I have the wing cutout. I first formed the fuse and then cut the top of the wing profile from the fuse and connected the LE and TE from side to side. The entire section drops in.

That's genius! Really like that design.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@jpot1 I continue to impressed by your work. And we always seem to be working along similar lines....
Any chance you could post alpha plans?

jpot1

Elite member
@jpot1 I continue to impressed by your work. And we always seem to be working along similar lines....
Any chance you could post alpha plans?
@FoamyDM - are you building one of these too? Too funny if you are! We should coordinate from the start in the future. I figured out the CG via an online calculator today and hope to cut a hatch for the battery tonight. Then it’s landing gear and hopefully will maiden this weekend.

If all goes well will post plans then.

JTarmstr

Elite member
@FoamyDM - are you building one of these too? Too funny if you are! We should coordinate from the start in the future. I figured out the CG via an online calculator today and hope to cut a hatch for the battery tonight. Then it’s landing gear and hopefully will maiden this weekend.

If all goes well will post plans then.

Make sure you have a good CG wouldn't want this to wind up like the MAX 8

jpot1

Elite member
CG calculated at 6” back from the LE at the fuse. Added some landing gear. Not very firm but will have to do. Learned my lesson the hard way with the A-10 so the gear is raked rearward to make sure it’s well behind the CG. Plenty of clearance with the props. Did a little taxi test and the differential thrust enables some slow ground steering!

May add some decals but otherwise ready for maiden this weekend, weather permitting.

E34B9A31-FDA1-4891-B955-EC6752EFEE48.jpeg