737 FT Style

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yeah, roll was a bit odd. I think when the wind hit the side of the fat fuselage it was causing me problems.

I know it is not scale looking but try adding some wingtips to it, my Avro Arrow was just stupid for roll and once I put wingtips on it you never would have thought it was the same plane. Can always cut them off if it doesn't work. ;)

jpot1

Elite member
Started on a new wing that will be easier to build and run wiring. Hoping the thicker wing will give some better stability.

6CD419BC-6989-4FB5-B153-26F94571EA18.jpeg

A82AF3FF-13F1-41E2-ACE4-77EDCCCBF871.jpeg

philgabanski

Awesome build, love jets but not EDF. I have 2 black spinners I want to use on a prop powered SR-71.
I think some winglets on the wing tip would not only set off the aesthetics, but cantered out a little will help with some stability. Possibly increase your dihedral if possible would definitely help, but this may complicate the build a little with spars etc.
Good luck keep designing, building and flying!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
We want plans. We want plans. We want plans.

Seriously, great work and congrats on a successful flight. I have to ask do you set down to one project and plug at it until done? or are you at 2-3 project guy or more like me... WEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Squirrel!

PoorManRC

Master member
That jumped up like the real thing!!! Bravo! 👏👏👏
The Wing in that flight was a work of ART, aerodynamically. And for Jet Scale speeds. I see you already are on it. The extra vacuum from the "rounder" top Wing, should definitely make low speed handling easier. 😉

Can't WAIT to see how it works!

Last edited:

techbear

>> Problem though is not enough room for the esc and a standard size mini power pod. Not enough room in the wing for the esc and no air flow

I had the same problem when building my dc-3. I scaled my nacelles up just a bit, and that solved the problem for me.

jpot1

Elite member
We want plans. We want plans. We want plans.

Seriously, great work and congrats on a successful flight. I have to ask do you set down to one project and plug at it until done? or are you at 2-3 project guy or more like me... WEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Squirrel!

@FoamyDM - typically one at a time. I get consumed and just build, build, build. That being said when it comes to paint or taping a proven airframe I have multiples lined up. Right now repainting an old eflite sea fury, need to paint the F14 I just built and in the middle of a yak-130 build!

FoamyDM

@FoamyDM - typically one at a time. I get consumed and just build, build, build. That being said when it comes to paint or taping a proven airframe I have multiples lined up. Right now repainting an old eflite sea fury, need to paint the F14 I just built and in the middle of a yak-130 build!
So you're a finishing Squirrel. How did you do the windows? tape and patience, or a cricket?

Also do you have a set of Plans? (V1 or V2)
[I'm kind of a plan hoarder]

any updates on plans for this guy? I have been searching for AGES for a foamboard airliner. Honestly, airliners in general are a hard find in this hobby :( The only one I have found that reasonable is the Tian Sheng A380, but its out of stock everywhere. That or the little micro prop driven XK Models.

Id love to be able to start something like this from scratch, however I have such little experience in the scratch build world

FoamyDM

I have noticed a number of folks on the forums here heading toward the Airliners.