737 FT Style

jpot1

Elite member
Plans attached to post #2. Build log started in post #3 but ran out of time tonight to complete. I will add more over the coming days.

If you build this, please feel free to post any questions here. As well please post pictures/videos. I would love to see what others do with this plane. I am hopeful that I will get back to this to try and do a round fuse some day. As well I would love to try two 50mm edfs.

Does anyone know how to print these plans out in a tiled format on a normal office printer? Id love to print these out and have a go however whenever I try it either scales it down dramatically or just prints one piece

jpot1

Elite member
Does anyone know how to print these plans out in a tiled format on a normal office printer? Id love to print these out and have a go however whenever I try it either scales it down dramatically or just prints one piece

@TheBigPancake - if you open the plans in Adobe acrobat (free) you can use the tiling option to print this. That is at least what I do. Don’t know how to go from Inkscape to tiles plans.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If you save your file as a PDF then open in Adobe Acrobat and print in the poster option with cut marks. Works better then the even the tiled plans from FT.
I have to tape my plans together all the time and I only save full files now, and let Adobe tile them for me. Super easy

On a side note, what would you all recommend for EDFs in this build? I’d love to do it for the sound alone. Not looking for crazy power, just nice scale slow flight and handling

jpot1

Elite member
It doesn’t need a lot. I fly it on two 2205 motors with 6x4 props. With a 3s 1300 it’s a rocket at full throttle, not scale at all. I mostly fly this half throttle.

whackflyer

Master member
Once the BDF concept gets a little more finalized FT needs to start selling a BDF Power Pack! Or just the duct or whatever you call it so you could supply your own motor and prop.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
If you save your file as a PDF then open in Adobe Acrobat and print in the poster option with cut marks. Works better then the even the tiled plans from FT.
I have to tape my plans together all the time and I only save full files now, and let Adobe tile them for me. Super easy
This is the reason I never anything but FS plans.

Well, it’s not the prettiest, but as my first build I am pleased with the turnout thus far :) pretty sure I messed up the cutout for the wing on the fuse, but I can patch that up with spare foam later

Attachments

• 1D1969E1-10E8-45CE-A189-86C126509E1C.jpeg
    1D1969E1-10E8-45CE-A189-86C126509E1C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So heres a thought.
As I continue to build this plane, in the back of my mind im thinking on how I am going to set everything up servo-wise and such. And then ground handling came to mind

I def. want to be able to taxi this plane and have a nice, scale rolling takeoff/rotation. However, I have never set up a rudder with nose gear combo before.

My small prop-driven 747 uses differential thrust to turn, and that also enables some decent ground handling as well.

My goal for this 737 is to use twin 50mm-55mm EDF, but I was wondering, can you use a differential thrust setup on EDFs? I would assign this to the rudder channel and use it almost exclusively for ground taxi, as the ailerons and elevators would be fine for good old bank and yank control in the sky.

thoughts? also heres an update on the plane :) as well as an FT Viggen I wanted to share (My first DTFB plane that has flown!)

Attachments

• 59141079167--7B0D756F-AAF7-4D8F-A94E-AF1BE010B8BF.JPG
    59141079167--7B0D756F-AAF7-4D8F-A94E-AF1BE010B8BF.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-3813.JPG
    IMG-3813.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So heres a thought.
As I continue to build this plane, in the back of my mind im thinking on how I am going to set everything up servo-wise and such. And then ground handling came to mind

I def. want to be able to taxi this plane and have a nice, scale rolling takeoff/rotation. However, I have never set up a rudder with nose gear combo before.

My small prop-driven 747 uses differential thrust to turn, and that also enables some decent ground handling as well.

My goal for this 737 is to use twin 50mm-55mm EDF, but I was wondering, can you use a differential thrust setup on EDFs? I would assign this to the rudder channel and use it almost exclusively for ground taxi, as the ailerons and elevators would be fine for good old bank and yank control in the sky.

thoughts? also heres an update on the plane :) as well as an FT Viggen I wanted to share (My first DTFB plane that has flown!)
That's a nice crisp Viggen, SBK or scratch build?