75% FT Spitfire

Morgan

1534121761765-1281956497.jpg
1534121967427-2042702991.jpg
So I got this plane from a friend because he had crashed it and he likes very pristine planes. It really is not very bad so I am repairing it. I flew it before I got it and it flew marvellously so I want to share the idea with you guys . It is powered off of a 2212 1000 kv motor , a 1000 mah 3s and a 8x4.5 prop which gave it unlimited vertical and yet allows it to slow down to a fast walk. The only mod I made is I increased the vertical stabilizer a little bit as it flew like it needed it . Im gonna try and finish this done befor long so I can get you a flight video.
Morgan

kdobson83

I'm Workin on a 125% spitfire right now. Almost done. Did a few mods like removable top hatch, cover previous bottom battery bay with foam, and a foam turtle deck instead of poster board. I 3d printer a canopy, spinner and some exaust too. Just have aileron linkages and paint left to do. Can't wait!

daxian

Elite member
I'm Workin on a 125% spitfire right now. Almost done. Did a few mods like removable top hatch, cover previous bottom battery bay with foam, and a foam turtle deck instead of poster board. I 3d printer a canopy, spinner and some exaust too. Just have aileron linkages and paint left to do. Can't wait!
hi ...where did you get the 3d canopy file ?? been looking for ever and not found one !!

kdobson83

hi ...where did you get the 3d canopy file ?? been looking for ever and not found one !!
Thingyverse.com
Bubble Canopy for FT Spitfire RC plane found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3005984
I modified it a bit, like cut off those skewer tabs and flattened the bottom for easier printing and bed adhesion and removed that portion underneath (looks to be a spot for latching). It's an odd file, for some reason I had to increase scale to 10000% or it was a tiny spec in Cura... Once I got it to where I could see it, I measured my fusalage and scaled it up like that as far as width. Other than that it printed nicely.

danbob

I've built a 125% Spit recently, It fly's ok but needed almost full throttle to stay in the air, Power system was out of a heavier high wing model, I have also built a 109% and that flys great and will fly far slower than the 125%, which is strange because it weighs about 50g more than the 125% Spit
Post some pictures and Video here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-spitfire-build.4288/page-75 if you can, interested to see how you get on, hopefully you can give me some tips so i can get mine flying better :)
Quick video of my re-maiden

danbob

Morgan these are great planes and are so much fun, not made a smaller one yet but is on the list to do at some point.
good luck with the build and post a Video of the maiden if you can

kdobson83

I've built a 125% Spit recently, It fly's ok but needed almost full throttle to stay in the air, Power system was out of a heavier high wing model, I have also built a 109% and that flys great and will fly far slower than the 125%, which is strange because it weighs about 50g more than the 125% Spit
Post some pictures and Video here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-spitfire-build.4288/page-75 if you can, interested to see how you get on, hopefully you can give me some tips so i can get mine flying better :)
Quick video of my re-maiden

Heres a link to the thread i just posted of my 125% spitfire.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/125-ft-spitfire.54970/
Its not painted yet, plan to do that in the coming week, ill post pics of it once its painted on that thread as well.