75th Anniversary of D-Day Invasion. (Tribute to C-47)

unrauv

Hi All I decided to create a 5' / 1524 mm wings span C-47. I may even seen in Buffalo Airways Plane Savers. Buffalo is restoring a this D-day bird for Oshkosh when there is going to be a big C-47/DC-3 fly in will be. I will be posting pictures and VBlog as much as possible.

1549230854926.png

Last edited:

Photo001

Vincent,

Currently working on your v2 54" W/S Version for this very occasion. Would really love to see a 1/12 scale version (95" W/S).
Any chance of that happening?

Lane

kilroy07

Legendary member
Dude, You use MicroStation?!! How awesome is that?

I've used it for the last 23+ years, mostly with the Illinois Department of Transportation.

Photo001

Vincent,

Saw you on Plane Savers last night, great looking build.

Please complete and post your plans so that we can build sister ships for your C-47.

As always, great work!

Lane

Photo001

All,

Learned from tonight's Plane Saver's episode that Vincent Unrau passed away on March 31st.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my condolences to his family.

His designs will ensure that his legacy continues.

Lane

OliverW

Legendary member
All,

Learned from tonight's Plane Saver's episode that Vincent Unrau passed away on March 31st.

Lane
My gosh! My most sincere apologies to his families and friends.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
All,

Lane
Very sad news,

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Namactual

Elite member
Wow, very sad news indeed.
He has so many great designs and was a very dedicated builder.
Condolences to the family.

clolsonus

I was particularly impressed with Vincent tackling some challenging but awesome subjects like the Connie and the C-46. I would love to build up his C-46 design someday. I hope someone somehow is able to keep his website and designs available. Future flite test episode idea: would also be great if someone near his location could finish and fly the tribute DC-3 he was building if he didn't get a chance to complete the project. I never know the right things to say, but it for sure is a sad day.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Just Saw this, and Very sad and sorry to read about the loss of @unrauv 's He was more prolific than I would ever hope to be.

Is it possible to make a plans index here, and put the zips available?