800 Series | nnSpitfire

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
iEM1jsA.jpg

DETAILS

Hi friends.

​This 800 Series plane packs a huge punch. It's an extremely agile and responsive platform that makes for a great 3rd plane. The smaller size benefits from reduced build time without compromising on the performance you expect. It can handle power systems ranging from a race quad 2204 motor all the way to pushing 1200 watts of power on a 3536.

No compromise. Just perfect power and perfect performance.

If you like this design then perhaps you’ll like some of my others as well.

SPECS

WINGSPAN
31.5in | 800mm
FUSE
26in | 660mm
CHANNELS
3-4
WEIGHT
Airframe - 220g
ELECTRONICS
Find all links here - http://www.nerdnic.com/electronics
Basic
MOTOR - NTM 28-26 1350kv + Hardware
PROP - 8x6 APC
ESC - 30a Dynam
BATTERY - 1000mah 3S - 2200mah 3S
SERVOS - 9g

ADVANCED (80mph)
MOTOR - NTM 28-36 2200kv ​+ Hardware
PROP - 7x6 APC
ESC - 60a Dynam
BATTERY - 2200mah 40c 3S
SERVOS - 9g

SPEED (85-120mph)
MOTOR - NTM 35-36 1800kv ​+ Hardware
PROP - 7x7 APC
ESC - 80a Dynam
BATTERY
- 85mph - 2200mah 40c 3S
- 120mph - 2200mah 65c 4S
SERVOS - 12g Emax ES08MA II metal gear
BUILD DIFFICULTY
Beginner – You’ve never flown a plane before, let alone done a scratch build
Novice – You’ve flown a plane but have no experience with scratch building
Intermediate – You’ve flown and built a few FT style planes before
Advanced – You’ve mastered the standard FT build style and are looking for a new challenge

Expert – You’ve mastered all build techniques and aren't afraid to improvise or tackle tedious builds

This is a intermediate to advanced build.
PILOT SKILL
Intermediate
MATERIALS
8 Plastic BBQ reinforcements
5 Control rods
5 Control horns
4 12" BBQ Skewers
3 Coffee straws
3 DTFB (20"x30")
1 Poster board
1 Clear plastic overhead transparency (OPTIONAL)
1 Firewall
1 Basswood 1/8" x 3 x 24"

PLANS

800 Series nnSpitfire Plans

PICTURES

VOQMzafl.jpg

SMkmxHul.jpg

0BKs8Whl.jpg

biVNxl4l.jpg

lVCGRWml.jpg

1Q4QkvXl.jpg

ihoSdLjl.jpg

Thanks for checking out the 800 Series nnSpitfire! If you built one of my planes and enjoyed it please consider donating a few bucks so I can buy more supplies to make more great planes.

Last edited:

xMeox

Awesome. Just Awesome!
Any reason why you went with a 800mm version over the 650ish of the sonic series? Are the 800 flyable with red bottoms? I guess with 4s it should be easily possible, but with 3s?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Awesome. Just Awesome!
Any reason why you went with a 800mm version over the 650ish of the sonic series? Are the 800 flyable with red bottoms? I guess with 4s it should be easily possible, but with 3s?

A Sonic Series will come at some point for sure. The 800s will fly on a 2204/5 3 or 4s!

jpot1

Elite member
Looking forward to the plans. Love your Mig 3. Hoping this can handle a 2836/6 1100kv motor and I just need a shorter pod?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yes that would work great! The plans are setup for 9g so just make adjustments to the size of the servo marks on the fly and you'll be fine.

jpot1

Elite member
Plans printed ready to cut this weekend! Out of curiosity why is the power pod upside down? Is it to have the prop /spinner better aligned with the front poster board?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Plans printed ready to cut this weekend! Out of curiosity why is the power pod upside down? Is it to have the prop /spinner better aligned with the front poster board?

Sweet! Keep me posted on your build. The pod is upside down so it's out of the way. Now you'll have so much extra space in the nose for activities.. I mean batteries :)

jpot1

Elite member
Started to build the fuse. So far so good. I'm thinking I interpreted the tail belly correctly with the beveled edges.

IMG_0353.JPG

Two questions so far. Assuming the servos mount as shown above, do you route the pushrods through the holes shown on the back of the fuse in the plans? If so I think my wire is to thick to flex that much and I may just mount the servos below the cutouts glued to the side and bottom of the fuse. Also with my 9g servos in the current configuration shown I'm going to need to cut the servo arms as they rub together. Second question is related to the smaller pod. I haven't built any of the FT minis and just wanted to make sure the bottom of the firewall is flush with the bottom of the pod like the below.

IMG_0355.JPG

Easy build so far. BBQ skewers give the front a lot of strength. Thanks in advance for the help & Happy New Year!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Looks great so far. Your tail belly is correct. For the servos, flip one so the arms don't hit. The fuse holes are for the two elevator push rods. If your rods are too thick then you might have to mount your servo lower (think of the FT Mustang) like you're thinking but your rud servo can stay high. For the pod your firewall should overhang on the top, reverse of how yours is shown.

Before you reinforce your pod holes make sure your motor will fit properly in the fuse. Some motors are more shallow and you need to move the pod toward the nose. While other motors are longer and you'll need to make the fuse top plate shorter. The pod holes can be moved as needed to match the fuse holes.

jpot1

Elite member
Started to build the fuse. So far so good. I'm thinking I interpreted the tail belly correctly with the beveled edges.

View attachment 79409

Two questions so far. Assuming the servos mount as shown above, do you route the pushrods through the holes shown on the back of the fuse in the plans? If so I think my wire is to thick to flex that much and I may just mount the servos below the cutouts glued to the side and bottom of the fuse. Also with my 9g servos in the current configuration shown I'm going to need to cut the servo arms as they rub together. Second question is related to the smaller pod. I haven't built any of the FT minis and just wanted to make sure the bottom of the firewall is flush with the bottom of the pod like the below.

View attachment 79410

Easy build so far. BBQ skewers give the front a lot of strength. Thanks in advance for the help & Happy New Year!

Thanks. Not what I expected with the power pod. Just to make sure, the pod being a "U", the excess firewall is on the closed side of the "U"? Is that the same way for the 800mm chipmunk?

Last edited: