800mm FT Mustang

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Yes it get airflow from the duct hole on the top of the fuse per the plans plus i cut the p51 duct hole below the motor so it get flow on the bottom as you can see in the pod build i built it into the pod so it get flow on top and bottom.l of the esc. Dident really have to do it that way coulda just put it on the bottom of the pod but it saves space,more compact

jayz 84

Well V2 took flight today first flight went ok triming it out in 20mph gust second flight not so good i pushed it and was going fine then reciver cut out and it shut down and went down in some swamp land way down tge road had fun getting it back with all the electronics under water hope theyll be ok. I thinking i have bad luck with the stang lol will build again

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Oh man! That's a huge bummer, I've lost a few birds from radio issues but none of my fast planes have had issues yet, thankfully. Did you lose signal? What rx/tx are you running?

jayz 84

Spektrum dx6 with the wrong reciver. I was work on finishing three planes last night and i use one of my park flight recivers to set up pushrod and got it mixed up with one of my other so it was my dumb fault. But on a good note i just have to build a new fuse and pod the wings are perfect nothing wrong with them and it crashed in the water now hopefully the motor and esc are ok

jayz 84

All electronics still work after being under water now thats luck. Now for V3 lol

jayz 84

She all built again finished it last friday good as new and for crashing into the water there was nothing wrong with the wings so the midwax and fibertape beside aluminum spar in both wings saved them so just had to rebuild the fuse. Was gonna fly last weekend but winds were way to high. Even though i fought the wind with my 67%spit that was fun;) so i just waites and orderd higher C batterys, and hope for good weather this weekend

The power pod mod thred i did the new pics on top were of the rebuilt one. And change my pod design strong as a brick

Last edited:

jayz 84

Toook out the 800mm stang today finally had a good day with her. Got three batterys threw it before my son wanted to go home:( but shes a monster- easy to fly and great on landing. Just glad i finally had a good day without something failing on me