808 #16 Help Please

RoyBro

Mentor
Hello all,

My 1.3GHz system from FoxTechFPV.com is set up on the test bench, and I've been able to successfully transmit video from the transmitter to the receiver and view it on an old Audiovox 7" monitor from a dual monitor portable DVD set.

Unfortunately, my camera has not arrived so I've been testing from alternate video sources, such as the Audiovox DVD player from the same setup, and also from an older DV video camera.

But I see that although not ideal, some folks have been able to use an 808 #16 camera as their FPV camera.

I had purchased one of these for the fun of it long before I started playing with RC and I don't intend to use it for my FPV set up. I just want to play around with it until the real thing arrives.

Unfortunately I had misplaced the cables that originally came with the camera and had to order another set, which just arrived.

I connected the 808 in place of one of the other video sources and I get nothing.
I tried connecting the video out from the 808 directly to the video monitor and still get nothing.

So here's where I need help. As I've never used the 808 in this way before, I may well be just doing it wrong. Is there a special mode I have to put it in? Is there a configuration setting that needs to be changed?

So for troubleshooting purposes, I'm taking the entire FPV setup out of the equation. I just want to get video directly from the 808 to a video monitor. Once I know the 808 camera and cables are OK and working and I can get video from it, I can incorporate it into what I know is already working.

So Please Help.

Thanks,

RB

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Full manual.

I just checked the config file and you get this:
Date time=[2013/07/13-00:22:19];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss,
Movie resolution=[0];Movie resolution setting,0:720p 30fps,1:wvga 30fps,2:vga 30fps,
Movie cycle time=[1];movie cycle time,0:5 minutes,1:20 minutes,2:40 minutes,3: 70 minutes,
movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off,0: off,1: on,
Movie stamp=[0];set date / time stamp on or off,0: off,1: on,
Movie sound=[1];set movie sound,0:mute,1:level 1,2:level 2,3:level 3,
LED=[1];set LED flicker when recording,0: off,1: on,
Movie quality=[0];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:10 Mbps,1:7 Mbps,
Power off=[3];set system auto power off time when system pending,0: off,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
Movie Flip=[0];set movie rotate,0: off,1: on,
TV out=[1];set Tv out,0: off,1: on,
Capture Size=[0];set photo size,0:1280x960,1:1280x720,
Auto Record=[0];set movie auto record,0: off,1: on,
Exposure Value=[1];Exposure compensation,0:-2EV,1:-1EV,2:0EV,3:+1EV,4:+2EV
White Balance=[0];Set White Balance,0:Auto,1: Daylight,2:Cloudy,3:Tungsten,4:Fluorescent,
Contrast=[2];Set Contrast,0:-2,1:-1,2:Normal,3:+1,4:+2,
Color Effect=[0];Set Color Effect,0:Standard,1:Mono,2:Sepia,3:Cooler,4:Cool,5:Warm,6:Warmer,
Saturation=[3];Set Image Staturation,0:-2,1:-1,2:Normal,3:+1,4:+2,
Set Time Lapse Shooting[0],0: off,1:1s,2:2s,3:5s,4:10s,5:30s,6:60s,
Motion Detect=[0];set motion detect,0: off,1: on
{MicroDVR mov 2012/10/09 v0.49}
{LDMICDVR,v1.1S,09/28/2012}

You need to make sure that tv out is set to "1". Do not copy and paste what I have here because this has spaces in it to prevent smileys from showing up!

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
Yup, that was it exactly. I was pretty sure it would be something I overlooked.

Now I get to play with it AND the FPV setup as well. Thanks for the assist.

RB

RoyBro

Mentor
I now see that option in the GUI config application as well. How could I have missed it. Oh well, I see some other options to try.

RB

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
yeah, I was amazed at the options this little wonder has. Probably one of the main reasons I've put off getting a go pro so long...

RoyBro

Mentor
yeah, I was amazed at the options this little wonder has. Probably one of the main reasons I've put off getting a go pro so long...

A new camera has been released from the folks that makes the #16. It's called the Mobius , and has abandoned the key chain case. It is 1080p and appears to be even more versatile than its predecessor. It's around $70 USD. I'm anxious to see some FPV reviews on this one.