8ft Zagi Sloper - DIY / Hot cutting / Fiberglass - MAIDENED!

Jackson T

Elite member
Mainland Denmark can pretty much fit in a 200x200 mile square box, if you exclude a few small islands........and Greenland. When I say local, I must admit I mean "Danish" in this case, to be honest. Speedster lives and generally flies in an area about 4 hours drive from where I live, so pretty much as far from each other as possible within the country as you can be; Then on the other hand I grew up less than an hour from his home. It's basically a small country. Larger in area than Maryland, but smaller than West Virginia. Population about three quarters of that of New York City.
I've got no idea how big Maryland or Virginia is, I live in Australia. My state in Australia is almost 19 times bigger than your country! That's really cool that you know him, even if you don't live near him.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Making a fpv pod for this years sunset trip in may. Got a dji air unit on order. Going to make a pod that i can tape down when in use.
I made up a design in devwingfoam and cut it out. I cut it down much shorter so it doesnt impact flight as much, being in front of cg.
PXL_20210306_015229478.jpg

Got it all fiber glassed. Ill weigh it after i cut the base down to size. Think I'm going with pan only for simplicity. That way i can have the one servo, rx, and life battery in the base and than the dji air unit and a 1000mah 2s pack up a tray connected to the servo arm. It has 20kg torque so should be fine in wind. After reducing material the vertical area is a significantly less than the winglet verticals so i think I'm just going to try it as is.
PXL_20210307_012047035.jpg PXL_20210308_150540363.jpg PXL_20210308_150545872.jpg PXL_20210308_150601358.jpg