9xr Template for a Tricopter

Mike93442

Hi, can anyone tell me witch 9xr Template is best to use for a Tricopter The Heli seem to be OK, but it has some issues. I was hopeing if something mite work better,

Thanks

RoyBro

Mentor
If you're using the KK2.0 controller, it is suggested that you use the plane template rather than a Heli template.

The KK2.0 translates the input for whatever Tri or Quad config you've chosen.

Mike93442

Any thoughts on how to change out of Heli mode. I can't get the 9xr to change to any other template even after deleting all models?

RoyBro

Mentor
Create a new model for your Tricopter and use the standard airplane template. I believe it defaults to the last model or mode used.
What firmware are you using? Have you updated it since buying the 9xr?

Mike93442

Have I updated it since buying the 9xr? No, I have tried creating a new model but it will not let me change out of the Heli mode. Any one want to buy a Tricopter and radio before I run it through my shredder?????????....

RoyBro

Mentor
The 9xr has the advantage of a built-in programming port. I suggest that you upgrade the firmware to ER9x or OpenTX. These are much better firmware and there are a lot of tutorials and help available. I didn't have the original firmware on my 9x to become too familiar with it, or become frustrated with it.

But don't worry about changing the mode first. Create the model, and in the settings for the model choose airplane or acro.

Mike93442

thanks, if I knew how to change the model from heli to airplane or acro I would not have deleted my t copter models in the first place.......

RoyBro

Mentor
There are 9xr forums out there. Try forum.turnigy9xr.com. They may be able to help you with the original firmware.
But I just downloaded the manual and it is not much different than the update.
After creating the model, advance to menu 11, Templates, and choose number 1, Simple 6 channel.

Good luck.

RoyBro

Mentor
After setting up the model, I think you have to return to the model select menu and load the new model. Highlight the model and press the Exit button.

If that doesn't do it, I think you'll need to get help from the forum I mentioned above. After all, that forum is dedicated to the 9xr.