9XR try copter throttle power curve

Mike93442

My set up is, 9XR with FrSKY DJT module, FrSKY D8R-2 receiver, and KK2.0 ver.1.6 with a 3 cell LiPo for the battery to power my try copter.

I’m looking for help on setting the power curve. I know to do it, what I need is some good #s to put in to make it easier to control for takeoffs and landings.

The KK2 is set at 20% for start up and the motors spin up fine, but not enough for takeoff. I add about another 20% stick and begin to get liftoff, but not enough to break ground effect. Another 20% stick and it begin to clime steadily. Another 20% stick and its heading for the moon like a rocket. If I cut the throttle by 20% it drops like a rock.

My problem is, I have no idea what a good power curve looks like.

After today’s landing, it will be a few days before I can try to fly it again. I use the word landing loosely… its was on the gourd,…................

All help will be cheerfully accepted.

They said this would be fun… I’m still waiting for the fun part to begin.

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If you can figure out about where it's hovering, bracket that area of the stick position and make that section a little flatter on the curve. For example, if your multi is lifting off and hovering around 40% of throttle, make the curve steep up to about 30%, fairly flat from 30% to say 50%, and then go on up to 100% at the end. Hope that helps even though I don't have specific numbers for you.

Mike93442

Thanks, when i get it repaired and flyable again i will try a flatter curve from the point just after liftoff for starters, and work from there.

these are the #s that i had setup for my last flight. -50 –25 0 25 50 We know how that work out....

manglin

Question, if you are new to flying why are you messing with the throttle curve? That just sounds like an extra complication. If you want a cheap copter to learn to fly on, get a syma x1, or something equivalent. It's a great - and less expensive - way to get stick time in. I mean, it's your stuff, I just don't see the benefit of messing with the throttle curve when it's probably practice that you need. Not trying to be offensive, just offering a different idea. I hope everything works out for you.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Thanks, when i get it repaired and flyable again i will try a flatter curve from the point just after liftoff for starters, and work from there.

these are the #s that i had setup for my last flight. -50 –25 0 25 50 We know how that work out....
I might be wrong here but does the curve only go to +/-50% or 100%? I thought it was 100...
If it's 100, you are actually compressing your throttle response and making it worse. Have you tried using the acro mode for your multi, instead of the heli mode? It might be easier without all the extra setup...I have never used heli mode for anything but my heli's...

Mike93442

Question, if you are new to flying why are you messing with the throttle curve? That just sounds like an extra complication. If you want a cheap copter to learn to fly on, get a syma x1, or something equivalent. It's a great - and less expensive - way to get stick time in. I mean, it's your stuff, I just don't see the benefit of messing with the throttle curve when it's probably practice that you need. Not trying to be offensive, just offering a different idea. I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks, those #s were the preset in the 9XR. So i need something like -100 -50 0 50 100 will give me more control over a wider range?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Just for the ease of programming to begin with, I did find a video that may help. You may want to give Acro mode a try over Heli mode if you still have troubles.

Mike93442

Sorry, i forgot to say i am using Acro mode and not Heli mode, and thank for the video, will watch it and hopefully learn something.

Again, thanks for all the info. :applause:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Wait, now I'm confused. Acro mode shouldn't have throttle curves...
Are you still on the stock openTX firmware or have you flashed to something else?