__

Are you in?

• Total voters

bisco

Elite member
great work matthew, thank you
! i may give this a shot when winter sends me down the basement.

can it be made into a tail dragger?

Timmy

Legendary member
fusion 360

lol.. i know the feeling

thanks (y)

YAY.... remember it is a quick and easy build... 5 hours tops

yay.... i don't have a demo video of the actual fb plane... but here is a video of the sig kadet junior

(y)(y). printer first. lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i guess ive also got to tidy up my build room:cautious::cautious:..... messy messy:ROFLMAO:
Cool, I might be in depending on if I have time. I'm currently working o another non plane related project have to finish first.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I printed them at work and taped them up in my car over lunch. When I got home I unrolled them and it looks like my 2S 300MAH batteries are going to be a perfect fit in the fuselage. I accidentally picked exactly the right scaling! Maybe we can end up with a DIY turbo timber by accident.
that would be cool:ROFLMAO:...

by mini power pack do you mean A, H or F power pack?

SSgt Duramax

My P40 is done. I got the plans laid out and a wing cut out just now. Its gonna be so tiny!

20211125_232958.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Ok those plans are fine. I just noticed that the very very end of the fuselage was sticking 1-2 cm over the page so that's missing. But it's no big deal I'll just post a pdf page with that end that was cut of and then you can just tape it on ..
What do you think of the plans? Are they reasonably neat?
@CrshNBrn here is the additional piece for the very end of the fuselage that wouldn't fit on a standard A1 page:LOL:
it's an A4 page

SSgt Duramax

Lol ..... That is gonna be small 🤣.... I must make 3 sheets of foam today... Do I can build mine this weekend

We'll see how it goes. Just got the other wing cut out. I'll be delaminating one side of the foam and using probably white gorilla glue to get the wings down. I am not to worried about the fuse, but I may have to elongate the wing like the turbo timber (it has a 28 inch wing span and I am at 20). Even if I do have to elongate the wing, it is still going to be a tiny sliver of foam. They are comically small!

I have to wait until some adaptors for my servos come in anyways before I can even get a maiden. Not sure if I am going to try to do internal or external mounts for the servos.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
We'll see how it goes. Just got the other wing cut out. I'll be delaminating one side of the foam and using probably white gorilla glue to get the wings down. I am not to worried about the fuse, but I may have to elongate the wing like the turbo timber (it has a 28 inch wing span and I am at 20). Even if I do have to elongate the wing, it is still going to be a tiny sliver of foam. They are comically small!

I have to wait until some adaptors for my servos come in anyways before I can even get a maiden. Not sure if I am going to try to do internal or external mounts for the servos.
sounds good.
i would do the servos the way that is the lightest