__

Are you in?

• Total voters

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
He was banned for a reason but the moderators talked to him and decided a permanent ban was too much, they made it a 4 day sit out.
Forget it. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
82308F64-B442-4FC9-A91A-CA45DD4C726E.jpeg

mastermalpass

Elite member
I clicked 'Yes' at some point in the past 14 months and I followed through, just way, WAY later than one might expect me to. Here's my Sig Kadet:

Screenshot_20230301_005352_Gallery.jpg

Not sure if the plans got updated at any point, this one was built using the plans Matthew PM'd me in December 2021. As you can see, I deviated a bit by not including the dihedral.

Screenshot_20230301_005355_Gallery.jpg

Main reason for this was that a straight wing is much easier to put together in two pieces on an aluminium tube. The second reason is that all the plywood and that heavy duty landing gear I've added will put a fair bit of weight below the wings and provide plenty of stability that way. Also, I've given it flapperons, so the dihedral is no longer a required part of a rudder & elevator config.

Now, what was the plywood I added for? To provide hard points by which I can pin the plane together with three big M8 Nylon bolts that I can turn by hand

Screenshot_20230301_005805_Gallery.jpg

Each wing has a bit of wood with a hole in it. They align over a bit of wood and foam on the fuselage with a nylon nut glued into it.

20230226_165914.jpg

The vertical stabiliser goes through a slot on the horizontal stabiliser and pins the horizontal stabiliser to the fuselage. The vertical stab then slots between two wood & foam pieces in the fuselage with nylon nuts and a nylon bolt secures that whole assembly in place.

Screenshot_20230226_122402_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230226_122407_Gallery.jpg

And finally, a plywood & foam piece sits angled inside the fuselage to receive a nylon bolt that pins the landing gear to the outside of the fuselage.

It takes about two minutes to completely assemble or disassemble the plane. It's not quite 'flat-packed' like I originally had the idea of doing, but it certainly takes up a lot less space! Here's hoping it flies as well as it packs away.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I clicked 'Yes' at some point in the past 14 months and I followed through, just way, WAY later than one might expect me to. Here's my Sig Kadet:

View attachment 235903

Not sure if the plans got updated at any point, this one was built using the plans Matthew PM'd me in December 2021. As you can see, I deviated a bit by not including the dihedral.

View attachment 235904

Main reason for this was that a straight wing is much easier to put together in two pieces on an aluminium tube. The second reason is that all the plywood and that heavy duty landing gear I've added will put a fair bit of weight below the wings and provide plenty of stability that way. Also, I've given it flapperons, so the dihedral is no longer a required part of a rudder & elevator config.

Now, what was the plywood I added for? To provide hard points by which I can pin the plane together with three big M8 Nylon bolts that I can turn by hand

View attachment 235905

Each wing has a bit of wood with a hole in it. They align over a bit of wood and foam on the fuselage with a nylon nut glued into it.

View attachment 235906

The vertical stabiliser goes through a slot on the horizontal stabiliser and pins the horizontal stabiliser to the fuselage. The vertical stab then slots between two wood & foam pieces in the fuselage with nylon nuts and a nylon bolt secures that whole assembly in place.

View attachment 235907
View attachment 235908

And finally, a plywood & foam piece sits angled inside the fuselage to receive a nylon bolt that pins the landing gear to the outside of the fuselage.

It takes about two minutes to completely assemble or disassemble the plane. It's not quite 'flat-packed' like I originally had the idea of doing, but it certainly takes up a lot less space! Here's hoping it flies as well as it packs away.

You're a heck of a builder. That nylon bolt system is pretty slick, too. I might have to steal that idea for a detachable P51 wing I'm working on. Well done!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

View attachment 235903

View attachment 235904

View attachment 235905

View attachment 235906

View attachment 235907
View attachment 235908

wow, this is really cool, i absolutely love how it all comes apart. can't wait to hear how it flies :):D