A-10 twins

Tonero311

Warthog is now complete. Awaiting a suitable batteries in the 300-350g range 3s and 4s for maiden and play time. With no battery installed it weighs 1340g. So AUW will be around 1650-1700g. Not sure if this was good or not as haven't been able to find any posts regarding flying weight on this model but 100g below my last projected weight, I'm happy with😂.
To get the weight I needed for the battery I just strapped in a few different batteries to the furthest battery strap in the nose, until I got COG. Remove batteries and weigh them.
Just got to sort out the nose art now. Could leave it as is, but that would be a shame to leave out at this stage. Will throw up some pics once I have that done.
Got 2 weeks before I can get it maidened at local flying club, fingers crossed Mrs will release me and the weather will be favourable, be first time flying there and joining up.
Theres a few pics of the flaps after I finished painting the inner surfaces.

Attachments

• 20200614_111708.jpg
    20200614_111708.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200614_111646.jpg
    20200614_111646.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Agreed - it looks amazing! On theEDF version, how do you plan on finding the CG? I can give you a rough starting point that I know flies from mine.

Tonero311

Agreed - it looks amazing! On theEDF version, how do you plan on finding the CG? I can give you a rough starting point that I know flies from mine.

CG I was just going to use this A-10's as a starting pointing. Try to keep the EDF units as far forward as possible along with ESC's. Place all electrics possible up in the nose. Hopefully all the electrics, retracts and associated reinforcement will balance out with a honking big 6s battery up front as well.
That was my plan in that way, but if you've got any hints or pointers I'll be more than appreciative.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I shifted the CG quite far back and it felt pretty good. I'll try to figure out what percentage of the wing chord I balanced it.

Tonero311

I shifted the CG quite far back and it felt pretty good. I'll try to figure out what percentage of the wing chord I balanced it.

Thank you very much, that'll be very useful. I usually just set mine for 30% of wing chord for maiden and end up crashing it. I find 25% for me works better, in my experience so far.