A collection of videos from flying events I've attended...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've been slacking, and let myself get out of the flying hobby for a little too long. So in an attempt to get myself back up to speed, I've been catching up on Flite Test episodes, and reviewing some of my old videos.

Here's some from trips I've taken to flying events where both I and my brother have gotten to make some excellent friends.

HHAEFI Promo:

This is a little video I put together to help promote a great fly in that's held in GA every year. If you're in the south east in the fall, and enjoy RC aircraft, you need to check this event out!

The Chipmunk Goes to Hodges:

This one is out of sequence for date, and it doesn't have much flying in it, but it does show the camaraderie that can be found at a good flying event. My brother, the "Chipmunk" doesn't go anywhere, without making new friends.

The Chipmunk goes to Hodges, Part Two:

Of course there was more than one trip to Hodges with the Chipmunk, so here's a follow up video.

Breff 2008:

Two friends in GA were being sharing their birthdays with us by having a little fly in.

Another event that was held in GA at the RAA flying field.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
While doing one of these trips that had a combination of flying at both Hodges Hobbies and at RAA field, we had enough "oops" footage that I felt it was worthy of it's own video.

Screw Goes Electric:

Even though most people have embraced the ease, quiet and cleanliness of electric systems, there's a few dinosaurs that just refuse to comply. In this video, a little inside joke is being shared.

Mac, What Happened?:

Mac Hodges, owner of Hodges Hobbies and pilot of the world famous RC B-29 was rather confident in his combat flying skills. Unfortunately something went wrong with his aircraft during the flight.

HHAEFI 2011 Combat:

This is what a combat session looks like, from the audience's perspective.

Florida Wins Combat HHAEFI 2011:

This is what it looks like when Florida beats out Georgia (once again) after a few days of combat rounds. Ok, it doesn't look exactly like this, something obviously went wrong with the recorded footage. :D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've tried pgerts, he has zero interest in it. He just enjoys watching other people fly, and the food. He really loves the food.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I love food ;-)
But the Scambled dog ? I hope that it tastes better than it looks.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It tastes awesome. It just takes me a while to eat one. My brother on the other hand, can down the entire thing in under 7 minutes, without trying.