A Couple New Ones

Hi,
I'm sorta getting into FPV. Here's a couple of new scratch-built planes I made. The first one I call the Hammer FPV because its wing is the same as the Hammer 3D foamy profile plane. It's depron foam and has a balsa frame, a KF airfoil, a Turnigy 2200kv motor with an APC 7X6 prop, a HobbyKing 40 amp ESC, three metal-gear RC Timer servos, a Spektrum receiver, no rudders (bank and yank) and a space in the nose for a Go Pro camera held on with rubber bands. I'm a former graphic artist so I do my thang to all my planes. This has a sort of "bat-wing flames" scheme. It flies fast and wild.

HammerFPV-ColorScheme1-Small.jpg

Here's another scratch-built plane I just finished. I call it the California Cub FPV (I'm a former Californian). It has a Hobbyzone Super Cub wing, a balsa frame, four metal-gear RC Timer servos, a BP Hobbies 1500kv motor with a APC 8X3.8 prop, a BP Hobbies 30 amp ESC, a Spektrum receiver with satellite, Du-Bro landing gear with rubber-band suspension, a cutout in the nose for the Go Pro camera, a 900mhz video transmitter with Y-antenna and it's ugly but it flies good... a bit sluggish but slow and steady. My "dummy" Go Pro is in the nose for testing purposes.

CaliforniaCubFPV4-Small.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Great! Nice to see your own custom vinyls on there. I'm planning on making some for my Bixler - you guessed it - Flite Test themed.

PS: Can't unsee the Coca-cola "C".

That's a free font you can download from the web called "Lokicola". I got myself a very small vinyl cutter a few years ago. I love making decals but installing them is a headache most of the time (wrinkles etc).

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That's a free font you can download from the web called "Lokicola". I got myself a very small vinyl cutter a few years ago. I love making decals but installing them is a headache most of the time (wrinkles etc).

How is the stock paper you use? If it is just Vinyl over a waxed paper backing, then cut them out, remove the excess material, and use masking tape to place it on the surface. Then carefully take off the masking tape.

Here you can see what I mean:

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg