A/F pack FT Viggen?

2jujube7

I was just looking through the Flite Test store looking for the next plane to build, when I saw the specs for the Viggen. "The FT Viggen can be flown on either an EDF or a propeller setup. All the way from a light 24 gram motor setup (440 grams flying weight), up to a 70mm EDF with a 4S 3000mAh (880 grams flying weight)." I looked it up, and found that a C-pack motor weighs 76 grams. I then did some further research and found out that the A-pack 1806 motor weighs 18 grams and the F pack motor weighs 30 grams. According to the Viggen's speed build page, this means that it can be flown with an F pack (and maybe narrowly an A pack). Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I think the A pack might be a bit under powered.

3S with a 6x3 prop puts out ~400g of static thrust. 3s with a 6x4.5 overheats the motor, so I don't think there is much more thrust to get out of an A pack motor then the ~400g I was getting.

if your flying weight did in fact get down to 440g AUW that would put you at 91% Thrust:Weight.

I will leave it to others to share their thoughts on if 91% Thrust:Weight is flyable (Definitely won't have unlimited vertical) on this craft. (I suspect it is, but you won't have the power to 'power out of' any mistakes.)