A Gift for Flite

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
A Gift for Flite

Some time ago I received a box from a person who would like to stay anonymous. It came by mail to me, a big packing box which wasn't all that heavy.

When opening it I found me a nice surprise - newspapers. Well, I removed the newspapers and used them later on for painting with a spray can (recycling!). Under the box there was a big box which said "Spektrum DX6i" !!! YEAH! I said to myself. While opening the box up I saw that it was not only the transmitter in the box - There was also an OrangeRx receiver, a Park450 1040kv motor, a 25Amp RedBrick ESC, two HXT900 servos, and two Turnigy9e servos (same thing). There were also spare batteries for the Tx.

I have enjoyed this gift very much, and I wanted to share it with you as an update.

As I now have stuff to scratchbuild, I'm working with EPS foam trying to make some kind of shockflier. It's not getting quite right, so I'll probably scrap that and make an F-22 as seen on the FliteTest facebook page.

FYI, I have 10x4.7 and 8x4 TGS props for it. I like the 8x4 better as it is much sturdier.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I have been able to fly my tricopter without the need for a superlong antenna on the 72MHz band. I have also flown my Bixler with it. I'm currently changing the OrangeRx between everything I have, but future plans are for a couple of receivers on an order.

I really enjoy the DX6i as it is really nice, has a great range, and is easy to use. Here's a picture, notice the nice flitetest sticker I put on it!

front_image.jpg

PaulT

Mentor
There are truly some special people out there in this scary world.
Thank you anonymous.
Enjoy the gift Andre.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
Yay! :D The pic looks quite a bit like one I took when I first got mine xD but I used foam board and like 3 lights instead of 1 xD

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yay! :D The pic looks quite a bit like one I took when I first got mine xD but I used foam board and like 3 lights instead of 1 xD

I really need too use reflected light on a white surface instead of direct light. That way I won't get reflections of my spiral CFL bulb. :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
nice gift !!!

enjoy it !! try the Diablo plans i have posted !! you have all it takes to make this scratch build

thats exaclty the same specs im using.... (1050 kv with 10x4.7 1300mah - 2200mah lipo)

http://forum.flitetest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4186&d=1336504308

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?1969-Shockflyer-Diablo-3D

Good idea! I'll definitely try that! I was building a Nasty out of EPS, but I must invest in better quality foam.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390003

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
nice eye for the detail ... i missed that !!!

Yeah the diablo is better since it will twist less ...

the Diablo plan is very clever, the "vertical fuselage" assembled with the "horizontal"; have a "slide in" part at the tail that concedes a very sturdy fit.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
How is your Diablo going ? Flying ?? must show pics / vids !!!

My sheet of foam turned into a FunBat... I realized I haven't flown the simulator for a while... So I just built a FunBat to fly at the beach. I think it will last longer. Sorry.

Tomorrow should be the maiden BTW.