A good use of a day off work!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have the rest of this week of and the weather for a change seems to be pretty favourable. So off to the flying field I popped this afternoon, a bag full of charged batteries and 'Just a minute' playing on the car speakers.....yes, this was a good day!
The sun was out, the wind was low to medium breeze, and as luck would have it the flying field has stopped being underwater - LOL!!!
It was a bit soggy and muddy in places but hay, that's what hiking boots are for.
So I flew my FT-Arrow, the Phenix 60, the FT-Goblin that I had repaired from it rather akward crash last time (all my own bad piloting) and I got to maiden the Mighty Mini Vampire and the FT-Racer.
Results ---- a broken prop on landing for the FT-Goblin and the firewall pulled off of the FT-Racer, again on landing.

I'm one happy Caroline :)

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Absolutely amazing. Loved the video! @CarolineTyler you sure do know how to use a day off work and take advantage of the good weather.
Totally lucked out with the weather - in the past 10 days we have been lashed with two storms which gave up 80+kph winds, rain, snow, and everything in between. As for the days off, I had to take them before the end of the month or I would have lost them, these three days were the only ones going. Shear luck!!!

daxian

Elite member
nice flying Caroline...excellent way to spend an afternoon...i was tempted ...but had allready made arrangments to go shopping for/with the mother in law ...by the time we finished and unpacked everything ,there was no time !!
maybe tomorrow ...!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I didnt get to do as much as Caroline but still one of the best days ever for me flight wise considering its been near half a year without any flying hardly at all.

Had THE perfect day for flying today. High 60 degree temps. Little to no wind at all. Bright sunshine.

Got out to maiden the Mach 1 Dal build. Amazing first flights on 4s. So nice infact I thought I could fly it as hard on 5s. Video out soon. Repairs as soon as a new arm comes.

My best and fastest track flights yet!

daxian

Elite member
got out for a flight this morning ...yay ...2 lipos through glider 3 ...forgot to charge the camera though ,so no video !!! sorry!
final approach on the second battery wind caught me out and dropped a wing ...nice cartwheel into the mud !! little damage to the right wing panel ...bit of a crease is all ...happy bunny !!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I have the rest of this week of and the weather for a change seems to be pretty favourable. So off to the flying field I popped this afternoon, a bag full of charged batteries and 'Just a minute' playing on the car speakers.....yes, this was a good day!
The sun was out, the wind was low to medium breeze, and as luck would have it the flying field has stopped being underwater - LOL!!!
It was a bit soggy and muddy in places but hay, that's what hiking boots are for.
So I flew my FT-Arrow, the Phenix 60, the FT-Goblin that I had repaired from it rather akward crash last time (all my own bad piloting) and I got to maiden the Mighty Mini Vampire and the FT-Racer.
Results ---- a broken prop on landing for the FT-Goblin and the firewall pulled off of the FT-Racer, again on landing.

I'm one happy Caroline :)

Nice! So what are the specs on the Vampire? Length and wingspan?

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
620mm wingspan, 280mm main fuselage, dys se1806 2700kv motor and balanced with a 1300mAh 3S battery.

OK. Thanks! And thank you too, James, for designing it. I'm trying to figure out what I can prefab or actually have built for Flite Fest. It has to fit in my suitcase. Mini Arrow, Goblin, and Mini Mustang are in the prefab category. Alpha, Alpha-Bravo, Super Bee and now the Vampire are in the built category