A hard day at the field...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Very cool. 'Rad' in fact (*shudders at use of 80's vernacular*). Do you have a couple of spare servos and 20A ESC? The PNF is $18 more than the ARF (with motor).

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Very cool. 'Rad' in fact (*shudders at use of 80's vernacular*). Do you have a couple of spare servos and 20A ESC? The PNF is $18 more than the ARF (with motor).

Yes I do, but they are intended for scratchbuilds. And I never really liked KIT stuff, mainly because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to choosing a motor...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
If you go a couple more $ you can get the BNF version.

I'd love to get one myself but I need to thin the hanger out a bit first. I just got the FPV Raptor, which takes up more space than the Corsair and Decathlon I sold to raise the funds. I've also got two planes of shame that I haven't flown yet - my Spitfire that I got for my birthday (in March) and my F9F-8 Cougar, which I got as a freebie in January. I've no excuse for not flying the Spitfire. The Cougar requires a 3300-4000mAh 4s, which I'm not going to buy just to get one plane in the air. If I get a seriously big FPV plane like an X8 or Skywalker 1900 I might make the investment.

I've also got two planes that are bound to die horrible deaths at some stage - my Icon A5 (Guan-Li), which is a dog of a thing that somehow survived a spinning dive from about 20m with little damage, and my Mig15 which is looking a bit ragged and doesn't get flown enough because it requires a lot of space to fly in.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'll be able to check on the motor in about half an hour... Missed the postman by about 5 minutes this morning. And this goes on record as the longest it's taken to get a delivery from the Aus warehouse (ordered last Tuesday).

UPDATE: OK, the motor in the BNF photo is the one that came with mine (PNF). It's all sealed up too, so upgrading the motor will happen much further down the track.

Last edited: