A LINK TO MY build log of a multirotor camera platform

biggles

Got the first part of my gimbal machined and assembled, not much to see at the mo but I'm quite pleased with it
IMG_0856.JPG IMG_0855.JPG

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Over 70 views and no comments...?
They must be as speechless as I am! That thing is huge!

biggles

What can I say, Its gonna be a big multirotor. Its to carry DSLR size cameras. It will weigh less than the 1.25kg the Zenmuse Z15 weighs

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Ah, I see. I wonder where 360 on pitch or roll is ever needed? It's cool, but kinda useless, or am I missing something?

Johan

Over 70 views and no comments...?
They must be as speechless as I am! That thing is huge!

Yep, I was one of those 70, but indeed did not know what to say, the yaw mechanism is just a bit smaller that my entire tricopter :)

Following the thread / blog with great interest though, carbon has something extra to it and lifting a DSLR ain't too bad (better get my flying skills up a notch (or 3)). :)

PS, don't know if it is intentional, but Biggles was my favourite read (pilot adventure novels) as a teenager :)

Johan

Hi biggles,

Apart from the new multirotor build: You've got some nice aerial panorama's on your site!

Kind regards, Johan

biggles

Ah, I see. I wonder where 360 on pitch or roll is ever needed? It's cool, but kinda useless, or am I missing something?

Its so you get still get a nice view when you're tumbling out of the sky because your naza just had a brain fart, :)

biggles

Hi biggles,

Apart from the new multirotor build: You've got some nice aerial panorama's on your site!

Kind regards, Johan

Cheers Johan
yes they came out really well. They are a decent resolution so they can be printed up to around 4 foot wide

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Nice explanation!
Funny, I've never noticed your accent before...
(Sorry, running joke from another thread...)

biggles

motors have finally arrived so I've assembled the frame and will be wiring it up in the next couple of days. click here for more pics
DSC00263.JPG

Johan

Wow,

What a difference this gimble makes!
Nice demonstration showing the footage side by side, makes it clear what level of stabilisation to expect