A list of 3d planes and parts.

sundown57

Legendary member
Seeing how many are now getting into 3D printers I thought it a good idea to try and get plans for people to build. I found one plane I liked on thinkverse but then when I went to build it found out it weighs 7 pounds.

If you have plans for a 3d plane or parts please post them here.

If you build a 3D plane start a thread on it so we can all follow along.

sundown57

Legendary member
Like that plane you are trying to print there Mr. @sundown57 :love::love:
I hate to post that when I was never able to get it to print. So you know I just changed the PLAA over to ABS and printed it with the same .gcode and it printed fine with no heat creep. But when it was done it broke apart easily. but now I know its not the machine, its the files I downloaded. I think they were made for ABS.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I hate to post that when I was never able to get it to print. So you know I just changed the PLAA over to ABS and printed it with the same .gcode and it printed fine with no heat creep. But when it was done it broke apart easily. but now I know its not the machine, its the files I downloaded. I think they were made for ABS.
I don't believe that sorry ;) . Post the file you were trying to print and in Cura you can save the print profile you were using , export it and save it to a file and I will use that to slice with along the stl file you were having trouble printing.

ABS I think needs really good temp to adhere properly, my machine maxed out at 265 or 270 , I would have liked to try it at 290.

sundown57

Legendary member
i was able to open the gcode with notepad and it says for abs and the print temp is 230. I'm guessing that's why I had trouble with PLA. The fin_v5 gcode file is downloaded and the CE5 is the one i did with cura.

Attachments

• fin_v5.0_g1.gcode
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • CE5_fin_v5.04h8m.gcode
    7.6 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
My abs roll says to print at 270 to 290 ? Just loaded up your CE5 file, so far it looks like print temp is 190 and bed 60, lets see how it prints :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Did you not download his settings for Cura? I just did and for the tail the temp is 230 and 55

For my 3Dlabprint they were up at 230 also, especially for the thin walls , the rest were around 210 to 220.

sundown57

Legendary member
yes, i downloaded his plans, they come in both Gcode and STL. I tried both. Gdode direct to printer and STL into Cura then printer. But i did both with PLA. Now I'm trying ABS and the part is printing a lot better, only problem not is it is warping at the bed and lifting off so this time i printed it on a raft.