A Little Problem with my First 250 Quad Build...

LCW4

Sometime last winter I decided to attempt to build a 250 racing quad. I'm a high school student, so I don't have much time to devote to this project, which is part of the reason it has taken me so long to get to the point I'm at now. So far I've encountered some pretty frustrating difficulties, including catching a Naze 32 flight controller on fire on the kitchen counter- but thats not the point. I am now using a KISS FC and a Frsky X4R reciever. When I plug it into the computer, the FC connects to the GUI perfectly, and the reciever turns on and I've been able to bind it with my transmitter, but when I disconnect it from the computer and plug in the battery, everything turns on, just the way it should, except for the reciever.

So far I haven't been able to find anybody else describing the same problem in a thread, which confuses me, because I can't see how I'd be the only person to have this problem. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced a similar problem before, or if anybody has any suggestions or knows how to fix this. If you have any questions that might help you diagnose the problem, just ask, and I'll answer.

Thanks for your help!

LCW4

IMG_1418.JPG

The ground wire has been soldered on for the past few months, I highly doubt that it is the source of the problem, but I'm going to replace those wires with something more durable, just to rule that out.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Measure the voltage at the receiver pins on the FC. USB power should be a direct 5v to the bus. I am thinking you may have damaged the 5v regulator from the main power input. See what voltages are on the pins when each are plugged in.