A Picture is Worth... (Graphic Image)

wbrameld3

Just getting back into the hobby after a 30 year hiatus, I was helping my son launch his FPV wing, one of the big ones with the pan/tilt camera under a nose dome. It's designed with a hand grip on the underside of the plane and is, of course, a pusher prop. Our second day of flying I misjudged on the first launch, and this was the result:

2015-01-28 16.55.42.jpg

Believe it or not, only 11 stitches (and one severed tendon). I do wonder though, how he's going to launch it from now on.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'm seriously thinking about butcher gloves now...

Hope it heals fast. Did the nurses / doctors say anything about it? Like - "ah, are you flying RC?" =)

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
I just build a pusher wing... good reminder to launch from the wingtip and not the cutouts on the bottom.

HOpe it heals up quick!

nic872

wow I hope is heals quick looks nasty. If you've seen the Flite test videos with the Versa wing they launch it from the wing, i think you guys should try that instead .

JeffFPV

Destroyer of Props
"Grab the wing and give it a swing." Heard that from a guy three weeks back and it has been embedded in my brain permanently.

Last edited:

Timmy P

Oh gosh thats bad.. I'm sorry that happened. I just recently launched a huge foam fpv wing with a huge prop. Had the same center hand grip for launching.. Its instinct from football to follow through with the throw, But I knew when I launched I needed to fight that and almost try to slap myself in the nuts. lol. The one and only time I got lucky.. but after seeing this, I'm not sure its worth it. Sketchy at best.

Gryf

Josh B. says this hobby is all about making memories. I think you managed that quite successfully!

;-)

Gryf