A place to post plans and planes

sundown57

Legendary member
It seems to never fail when I go reading threads from way back I come across some really cool plane some on here either designed or modified and it turned out great but then got hidden way back in some obscure post long forgotten. I personally enjoy building that sort of thing. Even if the plans aren't as simple as flitetest that just makes it all the more challenging to build. problem is finding them. So here it is. If you have plans or know of someone that does post them here for everyone to find. even better post the build along with it.

So far I have found and built the Navy trojan trainer
@Buzzbombs biplane and
an old Sportster biplane that I can't remember who came up with. Hopefully, they will post the planes here too.

I also just came across Wildthing Antonov An-2 so now I'm in the process of building that one. But I will let him post his planes and build thread.

I will start us off by posting plans for a slow-flying plane I worked on. Its a great 3 channel for someone just starting out. Super simple to build and fly plus you can make it a go-fast too. Just a hint, the more you scale it up the better it flies.

Attachments

• SOG 4.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sundown57

Legendary member
So far I have all the plans printer for the AN 2 and hope to finish cutting it out tonight. Stay tuned for further progress reports. Bulletins as they happen.

Attachments

• IMG_4211.JPG
    IMG_4211.JPG
    747.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4212.JPG
    IMG_4212.JPG
    698.6 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
So far I have all the plans printer for the AN 2 and hope to finish cutting it out tonight. Stay tuned for further progress reports. Bulletins as they happen.

Looking good, any questions just message me or post it on this thread.

Depending what type of motor mount you are going to cut out. The fancy middle one is what I 3d printed, then I glued the back foam one to it (right one) and once the glue cured I trimmed out the foam. The one on the left was meant to use with the standard round plywood mount , just need to add the 4 little tabs to center it then epoxy on. Then I would glue it to the back mount and then drill some vent holes. For the firewall I liked the added strength of 2 layers.

The wing struts I did glue in some 3mm cf strips down the center to the end of the tabs, bbq skewers would work also.

I believe that is the wing with the dihedral in it, for add strength for the spars I cut out plywood spars and sandwiched them inbetween the foam ones. I used 1/64" plywood which seemed plenty strong.

sundown57

Legendary member
not knowing exactly what went were and not having a 3D printer I figured I would just cut everything in the plans and they figure out what I could use and where. and then figure the best way to reinforce the motor mount. thanks for the tip on bracing the wings.

Wildthing

Legendary member
not knowing exactly what went were and not having a 3D printer I figured I would just cut everything in the plans and they figure out what I could use and where. and then figure the best way to reinforce the motor mount. thanks for the tip on bracing the wings.

You can copy the center one with your lexan and then glue them together, should be plenty strong.

Wildthing

Legendary member
finished cutting the parts out . and have some of the fuse done. time to add servos.
For the rudder and elevator you can either run the servos/control rods externally on the fuse or do like I did and underneath the upper wing support and run snakes to the back.