A question about glue

SSgt Duramax

Haha! Of course I was joking really hard too. Actually I'm a dinosaur that went to high school when hand-me-down muscle cars were the thing, some all rusted out but loud & too fast for their own good, some still pretty... I still don't understand Jap cars (tuners, right?) Tune them all you want, get high revs and space age tech with your computers and all... I remember bigger engines, bigger displacement, push more fuel/air into those giant pistons, get bigger explosions, create more brute force. Do you know in a straight line these Chevys and Plymouths and Dodges went every bit as fast or faster than the highest tech European sports cars? Maserati, Lotus, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Lamborghini...

Wait. Sorry, this isn't the Coffee Shop, this is Glue. My bad.

I got an Audi, I didn't intend to, but the good deal happened. I've owned several different vehicles. My next project is going to be an LS swapped ethanol fueled G-Body with a manual trans conversion and a massive turbo. If you'll look in the background in one of the photos, you will see the supercharger I am porting for my Audi and war trophies from the first engine I blew up. That one intact rod is not straight. I need to clean my garage. I am using pallets of flooring for work tables sometimes.

Woo hoo! And with a tub of motor oil to weigh it down. Perfect. Yeah I got to know the white pretty well. Now you can run a real sharp blade along it to try to clean it up. A couple times I back-cut the fuselage sides slightly (back-sanded?) and used the glue sparingly, and any foaming mostly went into the fuse. I'm lately getting to know the clear GG. Haven't had any expansion yet. Interesting stuff.

I got in there with an exacto and cleaned most of it up then sanded it a little. It is like slicing through hard styrofoam when you do it. Once I run over it with a sharpie or some model paint it should blend in well enough. The plane technically has some posterboard that blends the wing in a little. If it were white it would be barely noticeable.

I’m not a environmentalist, I love diesel trucks. natural gas and nuclear are both “sustainable” and “clean” power making methods and coal burning is very uncommon. I was just making a joke (and I thought you’re a environmentalist)

P.S. I’m a huge hunter.
Haha! Of course I was joking really hard too. Actually I'm a dinosaur that went to high school when hand-me-down muscle cars were the thing, some all rusted out but loud & too fast for their own good, some still pretty... I still don't understand Jap cars (tuners, right?) Tune them all you want, get high revs and space age tech with your computers and all... I remember bigger engines, bigger displacement, push more fuel/air into those giant pistons, get bigger explosions, create more brute force. Do you know in a straight line these Chevys and Plymouths and Dodges went every bit as fast or faster than the highest tech European sports cars? Maserati, Lotus, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Lamborghini...

Wait. Sorry, this isn't the Coffee Shop, this is Glue. My bad.
I should say - for all I know you know a lot more about these things than I do. :oops:

I got in there with an exacto and cleaned most of it up then sanded it a little. It is like slicing through hard styrofoam when you do it. Once I run over it with a sharpie or some model paint it should blend in well enough. The plane technically has some posterboard that blends the wing in a little. If it were white it would be barely noticeable.
Yeah If you use one of those snap-blade type knives it's really good because you can extend the blade real long, and it's flexible, so you can get a near flush-cut along the FB.
Here:
IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2017.JPG

Piotrsko

Master member
If you apply an electrical tape fillet to the wing/fuselage joint to restrict the ooze somewhat and makes a cool fillet. The trick is to keep the joint really tight and not use so much glue.