Solved A quick question...

MikeyboyMC

Ok. So I am a brand spankin new beginner at remote control modeling, and I am working on my first model, a Spitfire. But, I didn't feel like ordering the kit, nor the foamboard. Therefore I used some of the cardboard lying around the house. I did buy the Flite Test Power Pack C, but I am unsure if the 10" prop will fit my 33" wingspan. Can someone help a guy out and give some simple recommendations if this estimation is incorrect? (I am a complete n00b, so please use simple terms... 🤣)

Last edited:

MikeyboyMC

15845351406144306401669151536712.jpg

MikeyboyMC

15845353489014455079120845176811.jpg

The black section on the previous photo is a trapdoor and inside is the location of the circuits, and the battery. I will adjust the batteries location to make it slightly tail-heavy, once I get one.

Last edited:

MikeyboyMC

15845359927017265602550657665964.jpg

This is all the components put together. (Minus the servos, battery, and tail section. I will work on that later. Right now I need to know if this current design is proper for strong flight.)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
a 10" prop will typically pull up to 4-5' wingspan. the challenge is to ensure the wieght to lift at the speeds you can get are good enough. I suspect you will have to be running this a little faster than foam.
Keep up posted

MikeyboyMC

a 10" prop will typically pull up to 4-5' wingspan. the challenge is to ensure the wieght to lift at the speeds you can get are good enough. I suspect you will have to be running this a little faster than foam.
Keep up posted
Thanks! I posted this last night, and I woke up early just to see if someone answered. This is an exciting project for me, and i need all the help i can get.

sundown57

Legendary member
A little putty, a little paint, make it look like what it ain't. I have seen a couple people in here build planes from cardboard. That always impresses me. BTW welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing the finish build.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Yeah, Shame on me... Welcome aboard. if you have packing tape, it would be smart to ad some to ensure the tape doesn't release from the cardboard

Maxx

Ok. So I am a brand spankin new beginner at remote control modeling, and I am working on my first model, a Spitfire. But, I didn't feel like ordering the kit, nor the foamboard. Therefore I used some of the cardboard lying around the house. I did buy the Flite Test Power Pack C, but I am unsure if the 10" prop will fit my 33" wingspan. Can someone help a guy out and give some simple recommendations if this estimation is incorrect? (I am a complete n00b, so please use simple terms... 🤣)
Welcome to the forum my friend !

skymaster

Elite member
Hello and welcome. Nice i told some one else that commented that they did not have foam board where they lived. so i told him to try cardboard and he just laugh. your build is coming along just nice. if you could put a little packing tape inside the fuselage to connect the pieces and a little dab of hot glue. Next you need a little bondo, that is you soak a plain paper with white glue and added to the outside to make it nice and clean and it will also give you a little strength to the fuselage let it dry and them paint and walaaa! have a nice flight.