A trip to the Sun N Fun Museum in Lakeland Florida

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Some might have noticed I was gone for a little while. I had some training scheduled that would bring me to central Florida. I had been wanting to visit a couple museums down that way, and took advantage of this opportunity to do just that.

The first one I visited was the Fantasy of Flight museum in Plant City, but I was there a few hours early. So I moved on south to the Sun N Fun museum in Lakeland and here are the pictures from that trip.

Sun n Fun Museum1.jpg Sun n Fun Museum2.jpg Sun n Fun Museum3.jpg Sun n Fun Museum4.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This turned out to be a fairly small museum, but with some rather interesting displays.

Sun n Fun Museum5.jpg Sun n Fun Museum6.jpg Sun n Fun Museum7.jpg Sun n Fun Museum8.jpg Sun n Fun Museum9.jpg Sun n Fun Museum10.jpg Sun n Fun Museum11.jpg Sun n Fun Museum12.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
They were having some sort of event, so they cleared the auxiliary hangar and put those planes outside.

Sun n Fun Museum16.jpg Sun n Fun Museum17.jpg Sun n Fun Museum18.jpg Sun n Fun Museum19.jpg Sun n Fun Museum20.jpg Sun n Fun Museum21.jpg Sun n Fun Museum22.jpg Sun n Fun Museum23.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I got a shot of myself in front of one of the planes, proudly displaying my Flite Test jacket. Sadly there was no one cooking at the grill. I would have loved to had brunch laying under the wings of one of the planes parked under the trees...

Sun n Fun Museum24.jpg Sun n Fun Museum25.jpg Sun n Fun Museum26.jpg Sun n Fun Museum27.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Klonas, when I saw that plane sitting there, I was in awe. Talk about a one of a kind aircraft.

It was missing one of it's blades though... :D

maria00smi

I never go in Sun N fun museum. The picture is so nice and wonderful. What kind of this plan is it. You took nice picture. SO how was the trip.