A Very Unique Show Idea using the Cockpit Ground Station

galaxy engineer

I would like to make the CGS (Cockpit Ground Station) available for a show if the Flitetest crew would like to consider it.
If there are fans that want to see more of it then just what is in my Flitetest articles then please let the crew know and I will do what I can to make it happen.
For those that have not seen the articles my latest article and my Author page can be found here: http://flitetest.com/articles/the-cockpit-ground-station-and-an-epic-xc-flight

and here:
http://flitetest.com/authors/galaxy_engineer

A tiny bit of history.....
This CGS is only one of three that myself and two other builders of CGS's have been able to find in the world. One builder is in Australia and the other in Washington state. The Three of us have all remained in close contact during our builds. Mine was finished first with Mick in Australia getting his up and running shortly after that. After Scott flew mine on a visit from Washington he went home and started his. All three CGS's are works in progress but are all operational and a heck of a lot of fun to fly.

So if the fans are interested in more let the flight test crew know and I will do my part to make it happen. Personally I would like to see Peter FPV his giant Capybara from the cockpit but just about any plane that can be FPVed can be flown from the CGS including Quads and multiroters. If the Flitetest Crew does take me up on this they will be the first show to do so of any Cockpit System so far.

Brett Hays

I realize it'd a long haul from Oregon, but I'd LOVE to see your CGS at FliteFest 2016. And no, I wouldn't expect you to trailer all the way down while flying cross-country FPV. ;)

Outside of that, I'd also like to see the FT gang playing with your setup.... So, +1 from me!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I'd love to see an episode around the CGS! I was super impressed with the build when I saw it months back and I hope I can see more of it. I'd be super impressed if you could fly an aerobatics routine with it as well. (hint hint.)

galaxy engineer

I'd love to see an episode around the CGS! I was super impressed with the build when I saw it months back and I hope I can see more of it. I'd be super impressed if you could fly an aerobatics routine with it as well. (hint hint.)

Well on an insider note.......In order to do an aerobatic routine I would need a very wide Field of View (FOV). Sooooooooo that being said, maybe a multi camera/monitor view to give a wing tip to wing tip view for enough situational awareness to do low level aerobatics. Say 2 cameras of 90 degree FOV each with two VTX's and two monitors in the CGS arranged "windshield style". How cool would that be. We have gone back and forth on different ideas to increase the FOV inside the cockpit. Its just time and money is all and we all know there is plenty of both to go around.......NOT! lol