A10 pusher problems

Hello FT community!
I have built an A10 pusher. Its awu with the current set up is about 35oz. The motor is a turnigy 2826 2200kv on a 3s 2200mah batt.
I. Think the plane is a bit to heavy for the motor. Does anyone have a suggestion on what motor and prop to use?

Attachments

• 1544288939982578944188.jpg
    1544288939982578944188.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 0

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hello FT community!
I have built an A10 pusher. Its awu with the current set up is about 35oz. The motor is a turnigy 2826 2200kv on a 3s 2200mah batt.
I. Think the plane is a bit to heavy for the motor. Does anyone have a suggestion on what motor and prop to use?
What are the problems it has?

What size prop are you using? reading some specs it says with your motor 3s 25c 2200, APC 7x4e Sport Prop, 40A ESC, = 38 oz. which should be enough to fly but just very scale with less extra punch.

This motor which might work well for you http://www.headsuphobby.com/Leopard-28354T-1880KV-Outrunner-Brushless-Motor_p_2321.html

And your build is AMAZING!!!

Thank you for the the compliment and the response. When i do the trust to weight math it comes out it has plenty of power but the specs i read i on the motor says for planes up to 960g. So i was just confused i guess. I have a 7x3 apc prop. Would that suffice? I will check out the other motor you suggested.

b-29er

Thank you for the the compliment and the response. When i do the trust to weight math it comes out it has plenty of power but the specs i read i on the motor says for planes up to 960g. So i was just confused i guess. I have a 7x3 apc prop. Would that suffice? I will check out the other motor you suggested.

1. The specs say the thrust is 960g. If you want a 1-1 thrust to weight ratio, you would be correct. That plane is going to be very peppy with an all up weight just a touch over a kilogram, i think you'll be fine
2 . The spec sheet indicates using a 5x5 prop, i would find something like that. Since its a pusher, maybe use racing quad props so you arent blowing money? def wouldnt use a 7x3 on a 3s given the spec sheet.
3. I'd give it a test flight first with manufacturer recommended hardware and current motor before you make a decision.

Ok great i have some quad props around. I will give it a shot. Cant wait to see it in the air. Thanks for the response. I can aways count on the ft community.

jpot1

Elite member
I use a 6x4 on that motor all the time with a 40a esc to be safe. I get somewhere around the 960g of thrust as noted above. I think you’d be fine with that setup.