absence of axis warbirds

N7SWE

The warbirds are cool and all but there is one thing missing, and that is Enemy planes to "fight" against .
It would be cool to see an FT Bf109 or an FT Zero.

localfiend has made a Mini and Swappable sized version of both the 109 and the Zero. Also check out nerdnic’s warbirds, he happens to have a very nice KI-61. If you want to find more just try searching the fourms. There are plenty of designs ranging from ww1 to the present era!

Corbarrad

If you search the Forums, there's a few "fan-created" axis planes out there.
I do agree, though, that I'd like an "official" adversary plane to the current warbird lineup.
(*cough, cough, Shinden *cough*)

Personally I'd like to see more warbird style planes or at least the existing ones updated to the standard of the MiG-3...

Last edited:

N7SWE

is the shinden even out?
If you search the Forums, there's a few "fan-created" axis planes out there.
I do agree, though, that I'd like an "official" adversary plane to the current warbird lineup.
(*cough, cough, Shinden *cough*)

Personally I'd like to see more warbird style planes or at least the existing ones updated to the standard of the MiG-3...

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
The Shindin is NOT out yet but as an insider in the 'beta builders" it is coming. There are a couple of releases ahead of it but I can tell you that it is worth all of the wait. Dale did a BANG UP job re-designing it and dialing it in, scaling it down too, and making it one to really look forward to.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
The Shindin is NOT out yet but as an insider in the 'beta builders" it is coming. There are a couple of releases ahead of it but I can tell you that it is worth all of the wait. Dale did a BANG UP job re-designing it and dialing it in, scaling it down too, and making it one to really look forward to.

You're such a tease!

DamoRC

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'd love to build something like an Axis plane to fly, simply for the reasons that I'd love to give the guys with their Bearcats or Corsairs or Spitfires, something to chase.

I know that the Messerschmitts, while they were hated (and I mean, HATED by the Allied forces) during WWII, it was because they were, in a lot of respects, engineering marvels when compared to what else they were up against.

My only problem with building a German plane is that there are a few...well, let's call them "old veterans", in my club. These are people who still have a negative view of the Germans, almost 75 years after WWII ended, and if they're there at the field, they make noise about flying one of the "enemy's" planes. Kinda sad.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I know that the Messerschmitts, while they were hated (and I mean, HATED by the Allied forces) during WWII, it was because they were, in a lot of respects, engineering marvels when compared to what else they were up against.

I think you could say the same about the P-47s for the germans. Has anyone tried a FW 190 before? I think the lines of it are really good and it would probably be fast. The ME 109 is probably the best candidate for a FT style design though, because of how boxy it is.