Help! Accidentally deleted all models (250) from DX6e transmitter.

wccox11

While playing around in the system setup on my DX6e transmitter, guess what, I accidentally deleted all 250 plane models that were stored on the transmitter. These are the model that come with the transmitter. How in the world do I get them back? I haven't stored any of my own planes yet, just trying to learn this transmitter controls. Any help would be appreciated.

FDS

Elite member
At least you will know how to fix that should it happen again. I back up my OpenTX radios to a computer and an SD card. If you have a spare SD card it’s worth backing up to one you don’t keep in the radio if you have that option.
My DSMX radio doesn’t have model back up, I am always careful with that one.

wccox11

I just heard back from horizon hobby support. There are no pre-loaded aircraft in the transmitter. It will hold up to 250 models that you program it for. No harm done. :);)

Reactions: FDS

Figure9

Elite member
While playing around in the system setup on my DX6e transmitter, guess what, I accidentally deleted all 250 plane models that were stored on the transmitter. These are the model that come with the transmitter. How in the world do I get them back? I haven't stored any of my own planes yet, just trying to learn this transmitter controls. Any help would be appreciated.

There must be something I don’t know about the DX6e to have 250 models stored in it. I’ve only set up 4 in mine, are there pre-loaded models compatible with Spektrum somewhere in the software that I’ve never discovered?

Figure9

Elite member
At least you will know how to fix that should it happen again. I back up my OpenTX radios to a computer and an SD card. If you have a spare SD card it’s worth backing up to one you don’t keep in the radio if you have that option.
My DSMX radio doesn’t have model back up, I am always careful with that one.

My DX6e advised me to do an update right out of the box. That update required me to register the transmitter by downloading the serial # on a micro UHS card, which required an adapter to fit into the transmitter slot, which was not compatible with my stupid iPad6. So I tromped down to the nearest Best Buy 40 miles away & bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, even though I was advised that the transmitters are seldom ever updated for anything. I guess the 250 models @wccox11 refers to might be somewhere in my transmitter software & are still in there. If not, the components above might be the path to recovering the basic original software. I’m going to crack the DX6e book again to see how I can save the 4 models I’ve already set up by putting them on the UHS card & transferring them to the Samsung Galaxy that is used only for my RC toys. Haha. Wish me luck & I hope I don’t erase everything.

wccox11

There must be something I don’t know about the DX6e to have 250 models stored in it. I’ve only set up 4 in mine, are there pre-loaded models compatible with Spektrum somewhere in the software that I’ve never discovered?
After talking to support and Horizon Hobby, there are not 250 models pre-loaded, just 250 spaces to save your particular model. When I accidentally picked the delete all models, if you had saved 250 models or however numbers of models you had saved, oops you just deleted all your saved models. Being at the age that I am, almost 71, I thought that there were pre-configured planes stored on the transmitter. Wrong, just 250 memory slots to save for future airplanes that I might have or build. Hopes this clarifies things up.

Figure9

Elite member
After talking to support and Horizon Hobby, there are not 250 models pre-loaded, just 250 spaces to save your particular model. When I accidentally picked the delete all models, if you had saved 250 models or however numbers of models you had saved, oops you just deleted all your saved models. Being at the age that I am, almost 71, I thought that there were pre-configured planes stored on the transmitter. Wrong, just 250 memory slots to save for future airplanes that I might have or build. Hopes this clarifies things up.

At my age it’s hopeless to try to clear everything up for me, but I’m glad to know I’m not missing a bunch of preloaded Spektrum compatible models. Setting up a model on my DX6e is a pain, I can do it, but it’s sort of like cleaning the house windows. I only clean windows so I can see what’s going on when I’m sitting staring out the window all day. Or, with setting up my DX6e, it’s because I have to do it so I can fly something when I’m not sitting & staring out the window all day.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

There MIGHT be some HH models that you can download that are pre-configured; I know I downloaded a few for my ix12 for things like the Apprentice, my Blade Conspiracy 220, and the F-27 I have.

Edit:

Just checked Spektrum's website, and they do have, in the support section for the DX6e, a "Download Aircraft Setups" that you can download some pre-configured profiles to help set up something that Horizon Hobby makes

As an FYI, some work, some don't, and they may put stuff at different rates/expo than what the manual that came with the aircraft recommends. I had an issue with the Blade Conspiracy 220 file, and ended up having to set it back up based on what the manual had, not what the config file gave me. The Switch Air profile didn't want to work at all for me on the ix12; YMMV.

Bricks

Master member
If you are having problems programing your DX6e just ask away they are very easy to program once you get into them, versus something like Open Transmitter..

wccox11

If you are having problems programing your DX6e just ask away they are very easy to program once you get into them, versus something like Open Transmitter..
I sure will. Sometimes everyone needs a little help. Hopefully in the future when I become more experienced in the hobby, I too can contribute to this fine forum.

FDS

Elite member
Remember that even ‘basic” learning like in this thread contributes a lot to the forum, since the results will appear when other people search for a fix for the same problem, both here and through google.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I sure will. Sometimes everyone needs a little help. Hopefully in the future when I become more experienced in the hobby, I too can contribute to this fine forum.

Let me tell you that sometimes, small things, like "I put my prop on backwards, and didn't realize it until I ran up the throttle" or "I found a great glue gun at Target!" can be helpful to people. It's all about contribution. :)