Accidentally pushed the power switch instead of the trim switch

sumone

I managed to finally get out and have a fly this morning after a couple of weeks off due to weather and other commitments.
It was still a bit windy but i was not going to pass up the chance to have a fly.

I'm not what you would call an experinced pilot (only about 5 months into the hobby )

I got my glider up and was just making a few final trim adjustments when i accidentally pushed the power switch instead
of the trim button :eek:

As soon as i pushed it heard the power off beep .
I let out a big f word as i watched my glider start sailing away.

It took about 10 seconds for it to re-connect (felt like forever).
I was Very lucky but a silly silly mistake..:eek:

Konrad

Posting Elsewhere
I've done that myself! There often are switch guards you might be able to put on or around the power switch to make this a much less likely. These make it harder to move the switch and give the switch a much different feel from that of the trim levers.

sumone

Tx was a Mkron and glider was a conscendo

Sumone: What transmitter?

1.jpg conscendo.jpg
Tx was a Mkron (tsix type knock off)
Glider was a conscendo

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I almost both both of those. It was good you were quick to realize the error and correct it before letting it get away.

How do you like the Conscendo? I didn't expect liking sailplanes but they have a thrill all their own.

sumone

The concendo is great

I almost both both of those. It was good you were quick to realize the error and correct it before letting it get away.

How do you like the Conscendo? I didn't expect liking sailplanes but they have a thrill all their own.

I love my conscendo .
It was my first ever rc plane i bought it late last year.I'm self taught and It was a great first experience and introduction to flying.

I no longer use the safe feature.
It has crashed a few times but is easy to repair and Still flys great.(even handles well on a windy day)
I have a couple of clips of me flying it (i even zipp tied a go pro type camera to it in one of the clips.

Last edited:
If your serios about the hobby, id recomend upgrading to a much better transmitter and receiver, one that doesn ttake an age to reconnmect. This was a problem with dsm2 (spektrum) and proba bly oneof the reasons it quickly got replaced with dsmx which connmect prettu fast.

strange things can happen and a brief signal loss couild caus a crash if you dont get connected quickly

mjmccarron

I use to race model boats. Once, a friend was launching my model hydro and as he threw it into the water he inadvertently hit the power switch. This was a nitro powered hydro and all I could do is watch it run across the lake at about 60mph until it hit the shore on the other side of the lake. That was one of the most helpless feelings I have ever experienced.