Accidentally switched MSP to UART3 in Betaflight

userix

I was trying to setup smart audio feature to UART3/TX3 and accidentally turned on MSP for UART3 as well. Does that erase all the settings that came stock with the X220s? I noticed when I changed the MSP, the radio no longer controlled the quad. I had to set up the receiver settings again in betaflight. This makes me wonder if all other settings(PIDs) got erased, or changed from x220s settings out of the box? I forgot to do a diff all when I first got the quad.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Enabling MSP on UART3 does just that. Enables the MSP protocol on UART3. It would have no effect on other settings. If you disabled MSP on the USB port, you would no longer be able to connect via the USB port to do configuration.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I was trying to setup smart audio feature to UART3/TX3 and accidentally turned on MSP for UART3 as well. Does that erase all the settings that came stock with the X220s? I noticed when I changed the MSP, the radio no longer controlled the quad. I had to set up the receiver settings again in betaflight. This makes me wonder if all other settings(PIDs) got erased, or changed from x220s settings out of the box? I forgot to do a diff all when I first got the quad.
Like @LitterBug said, don't disable MSP on the usb port! You're fine otherwise. Have fun ripping!