Accucel 6 NIMH problem

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I posted this over on RCGroups but thought I might get an answer here first....

I found a few other threads covering my issue but nothing has worked. My Accucel 6 charger won't shut off when the battery is supposed to be fully charged. I have a 4.8v 2000mah NIMH rx battery and the Accucel 6 won't shut off and puts in more than the 2000 mah capacity of the battery. When the battery starts getting warm I have to shut if off or it'll keep going until the safety timer automatically turns off.

I have tried on both auto charge setting and manual. I have tried setting the d.peak to 5mV/cell and charging at both 0.5A and 1.0A and 2.0A still it won't cut off when the battery should be full. This charger charges my lipo and life batteries just fine though.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
My accucell 6 works fine with NiMh rx batteries without any settings other than what it comes with.
Are your batteries LSD type? (Low self discharge). I have some old batteries that i need to cycle at the start of every season.
My rescue is to use my "indoor" 2 cell 400 mAh LiPo to the rx in my glow planes until i have got my Nixx in condition.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I thought I was having the same issue but I let it ride and it did stop after a while, it just exceeded the normal timer because i charge the nimh's slowly.