Accucell 6 only charging at .1amp

Hasersys

The first two times I used my Accucell 6 I balanced my two 2200mah 3s 20c. I had it set at 2.2a, 11v 3s. The first two I ran on balance, and waching it I had it balancing from 2.0-2.2a. Now when I charge, or balance, even after setting the 2.2a I only get .1a out of it. Is this normal? New to this charger.:black_eyed:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
The AC 6 is a smart charger. The way it works is when you put a battery on it it does checks and figures out how much it needs before it starts charging. Normally, you put an empty or half empty batter on there and set it for a 2.2 charge, it'll start out a 2.2 and then when it senses the batt is nearly full it drops the amps down to a "float" level to finish the charge. Like Gerts says, if you are putting a full or nearly full batt onto the charger, it probably won't charge at 2.2. If you are trying to charge an empty battery and only getting a .1 a charge, not sure what's going on...

Hasersys

Ok, I think I understand what is going on. One cell was fully, but two were under so it was balancing the other two out. thanks alot.

Hasersys

I have been balance charging every time, I think I am going to have to quit doing that. It takes much longer than just charging. I had a charger go out. It was a balance charger, but it was far from balancing my cells. It seems like it would charge two cells but not one. So I had a few lipos way out of balance. How often should I balance my lipos.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Depends who you ask ;)
Some swear by balancing every time.
I also know people who never balance.

Personally I just balance charge at home every few times but never balance charge at the field.

Hasersys

Yea, I have read a lot of different opinions. I honestly think it comes down to how long you want your lipo to last. I think I am a bit over annal about balancing. I always do, but I find my self spending to much time doing so. I think I am going to just charge every time, and then check the cells now and then to see how far off they are from one another. When they get to a point that I can no longer take, I will balance them.

Hasersys

HHm, I hit the 300 minute cutt off. The cells are each about level now. #1 4.15 #2 4.15 #3 4.20 I hope my other lipos aren't that far off. I want to fly today and I am loosing light slowly.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
The max time limit and max mah limits are also programmable on the charger.
You'll probably need to manual to figure out where to change the limits (if you are interested in doing so)