Acrobrat Duo V2 build

outthayr

Finishing up a build. Ran into the usual fiddlings and setbacks, but got it all together and setup in Betaflight. Did a hover test and all went well.

Rush stack, RunCam Hybrid, Spektrum RX.

*the NAZE photo was just so I could remember which motor wires to cross.

99060857_10158481568146532_3131809084735488000_o.jpg

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Finishing up a build. Ran into the usual fiddlings and setbacks, but got it all together and setup in Betaflight. Did a hover test and all went well.

Rush stack, RunCam Hybrid, Spektrum RX.

*the NAZE photo was just so I could remember which motor wires to cross.

View attachment 169579
Nice! I'm a big fan of Ummagawd. I tried a 3 inch a while back and I ended up frying it for not putting my antenna into my VTX. I wish I still had that little guy.:cry:

I'm looking forward to seeing that thing rip! Nice work!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice build. first time I have seen the acrobrat stationary. I like the frame supports off the booms.

Just a suggestion here to keep those receiver antennas safe and in one peice.. mount them better then you have them or you will lose them first tumble it takes. I mount all mine like this.. A simple zip tie on the arm then heat shrink the ends to the zip tie. this also keeps the antennas at 90 degrees

IMG_0815.JPG

outthayr

This is a little closer to being ready to fly. First photos were a little staged as I was excited to get it finished.
Did a blue loctite pass, and taped up wire slack. Was playing with the RX location, may flip it around and try another spot for it - I just got tunnel vision when I first put it there and saw that it was a good fit. I want to put some liquid tape over the battery terminals on the ESC... they face out to the side and I can just see myself picking the thing up and bridging the terminals with my thumb...

IMG_4929.jpg
IMG_4928.jpg
IMG_4930.jpg

outthayr

Could mount RX like this:
IMG_4930.jpg
Just a suggestion here to keep those receiver antennas safe and in one peice.. mount them better then you have them or you will lose them first tumble it takes. I mount all mine like this.. A simple zip tie on the arm then heat shrink the ends to the zip tie. this also keeps the antennas at 90 degrees

outthayr

I think I read something early on about not covering the tips of the Spektrum antennas. Just sort of went with that for all my quads... just read this from Spektrum. Has to be clear tube??

"DO CONSIDER PUTTING A PIECE OF CLEAR TUBING, OR FUEL TUBING OVER THE RECEIVER ANTENNA
It's a good practice - it keeps the antenna straight and won't interfere with the operation"

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I think I read something early on about not covering the tips of the Spektrum antennas. Just sort of went with that for all my quads... just read this from Spektrum. Has to be clear tube??

"DO CONSIDER PUTTING A PIECE OF CLEAR TUBING, OR FUEL TUBING OVER THE RECEIVER ANTENNA
It's a good practice - it keeps the antenna straight and won't interfere with the operation"
I don't think it matters. I usually just zip tie the antennas to the frame. I should get some heat shrink though.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't think it matters. I usually just zip tie the antennas to the frame. I should get some heat shrink though.

Yes yes and YES.

I have never broken ground up or lost an antenna since I started doing the heat shrinking the exposed part of the antenna to a zip tie. I think I have only had 2 fail safes in the 4+ years since I started protecting the antennas like that and keeping them at 90 degree separation.

outthayr

*Update for this build is that it flies really well. I've now been chasing a better tune on my other builds. It was a sort of ah-ha moment realizing the difference in control - fighting sticks vs. proper response.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
*Update for this build is that it flies really well. I've now been chasing a better tune on my other builds. It was a sort of ah-ha moment realizing the difference in control - fighting sticks vs. proper response.

Cool. You have seen the darkness of the betaflight stock pid wet noodle!! Its amazing what some P gain work can do to make that go away.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Yes yes and YES.

I have never broken ground up or lost an antenna since I started doing the heat shrinking the exposed part of the antenna to a zip tie. I think I have only had 2 fail safes in the 4+ years since I started protecting the antennas like that and keeping them at 90 degree separation.
I now agree, don't know why the heck I said that. Maybe it was because I didn't have heat shrink.:confused: