Ad banners?

Nitro Blast

Isnt this the FliteTest Forum?

Sponsored by Hobby King, and Horizon Hobby?

Why am I seeing advertizing banners at the top for others?

Come on, drop the coin to turn off the ads.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Banners and ads are just part of doing business on the internet these days.
I would prefer the Flitetest boys invest their cashes in continuing to find new ways to keep us entertained.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't mind, I use Google Chrome with the AdBlock extension. I don't see ads. *feels superior*

However it is spooky that browsers track your browsing to suggest ads. So when your wife is reading the news on your laptop, she'll see something like:

HobbyKing Bixler!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm not surprised that this question has come up. But for those who don't like advertising, I ask, just how much money do you think HobbyKing, and now Horizon pays the guys for their weekly videos? We're getting a professionally produced show, that takes hours of work for each episode. Hours of work by several people, both Joshes, Chad, Joab (audio), Eric (video) and Michael (music and editing) at the least. I am willing to bet that they've provided this to us for free, with little financial for themselves. Sure they're sponsored by HobbyKing. Some of that sponsorship could be monetary, but a lot of it is materials, planes, etc.

I'll gladly look at a few ads, heck, I'll click on them now and again, to continue getting to watch the show for free. In addition to the show, and the website, they also provide a forum, consider the time involved in designing, maintaining, the forum, as well as the expense of a web host, a web designer, and other associated fees and charges, we're getting a lot, for free.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahaha- I don't know about clicking on the ads ;)
I guess I'm saying that I'm so used to them for RC Groups and Gmail and so many other places that they are just invisible to me.
I will admit to having clicked on an ad from time to tim on RC Groups...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah, when you're used to seeing ads you don't notice them... My mom does notice them, and she does click on them!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
There's been some nitroplanes or bananahobby ads that I clicked on to see the plane they were advertising.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Why am I seeing advertizing banners at the top for others?
You see add banners that relate to internet searches you've made recently...

...heck, it seems I see banner adds about some things even after only THINKING about it!

I ask, just how much money do you think HobbyKing, and now Horizon pays the guys for their weekly videos?

dr-evil.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I think the more savvy you become online the less you notice the ads....for me they just blend in to the background and only get
clicked by accident!