Ad Tech Pro 200 Equivalent

I need a new glue gun soon, and I was thinking of the Ad Tech Pro 200 that FliteTest seems to love. Only problem is, I haven't found one on any Canadian retailers websites yet. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

domdomgrobillard

Same problem ...

I have the same problem, I Live In Québec, Canada and looks like this model dosen't exist in Canada. I actually use a "Mastercraft 60Watt" I found this Glue Gun "OK" ... but is not the bether one.
In the SpitFire build video ... Josh use the Adtech Hight temp Project pro. This model is available on Amazon.ca but it's a Mini Size, So you have to add glue stick every 2 sec ...

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?4288-FT-Spitfire-Build&highlight=glue+gun

I would like to found the a real good "FULL SIZE" Glue Gun availlable in Canada.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I use a Stanley Glue Pro GR100 that I got at Canadian Tire, it works really well. Dual temp, and uses the large sticks.

area66

I ordered my Ad Tech Pro 200 from the FT store, they do ship to Canada. I like it, but I mostly use my Crain 203 80-Watt , $ 42 from Amazon.ca, it come with 2 nozzles

41zzk3+Dh8L.jpg

domdomgrobillard

thx all for the reply :) I will take a look on that.

one last question, anybudy use gluegun brend "Superbonder" ? I see on 80 to 100Watt on Amazon for 20$cad to 50$cad

I had "Surebonder." It was high temperature. I built several planes with it. However, I left it plugged in for an, ahem, extended period of time (yikes!) and it never seemed to get quite hot enough after that. That said, if I hadn't done that, I would still be using it. I'm not dumb, I just did a dumb thing!

Zucky

Looks like Grauwulf's link is busted, the item SKU is is in the link, I found this new link to what I think the item is, he didn't note the brand or model either (Stanley Pro Dual Melt Glue Gun)
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/stanley-pro-dual-melt-glue-gun-0540171p.0540171.html

I'm going to check this one out, I currently use this one, and it can handle quite a good load of glue suprisingly, had it a few years (Mastercraft High-Temperature Glue Gun)
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-high-temperature-glue-gun-0540102p.html#srp

Grauwulf

Thanks for patching up that link guys, I think I was on my phone when I posted that, explains why it didn't paste properly.

Greenjeans

POS: Ad Tech Hi Temp Pro 100

I am in the middle of building my 8th airplane and my second Ad Tech Pro 100 had an internal meltdown. I would NOT recommend this model. I hear others have great success but I’ve had two of them crap out, both from Harbor Freight.

The first one started leaking through the shell near the tip and then the trigger began to jam up. That was within the 90 day return so I got an equivalent exchange.

The 2nd unit ran for 8 months and 5-1/2 airplanes. But early-on the shell began to leak again near the tip. Then I’d see globs of glue coming backwards out of the tube that the glue stick feeds into, and then dropping off down into the trigger area. Again the trigger and feed mechanism started jamming up. I should have tried to return it right away.

I have loads of screwdrivers in my tool box but do I have one that fits the phillips screws on this gun? Heck no. Had to go buy one. I’ve had it apart 5 times to clear out solid globs, and melted glue near the tip, but getting the screws out was not easy.

It bit the dust yesterday and when I took it apart the equivalent of an entire glue stick dripped out from the shell onto my workbench. Turns out the feed tube had broken away from the melt chamber so there was nothing to keep the glue from squeezing back out. The feed tube just ripped away.

The jamming of the trigger was from glue seeping through the innards and glueing the trigger solid in its slide track.

I'd bought a pack of 50 glue sticks when getting into this hobby, each is 4 inches long. There are still 9 sticks left. 41 sticks has broken two guns.

Less than a pound of glue breaks 2 guns that Ad Tech says; “Adhesive Technologies Entry Industrial Hot Melt Glue Gun can out put to 2lbs of Glue Per Hourhttp://www.adhesivetech.com/create/full-size-glue-guns/product/32-0104-pro100

I think that is a low-quality/defective design. Perhaps the heavy spring they assemble around the feed tube to help reinforce it is evidence of how they are TRYING to fix (or just band-aide) the defective tube design.