Adams readi-board AKA DTFB shortage

sundown57

Legendary member
I noticed that several of my local Dollar stores were out of foamboard. So finally asked them to call and try to order some in. They were told they have none to ship right now. I know its made in the USA but now I'm wondering where they get their supplies and If anyone else has seen a shortage of it? Maybe we should start stocking up? 27-day quarantine doesn't worry me but not without foamboard.

Figure9

Elite member
It must be a conspiracy plot.
Frankly, I haven’t noticed a shortage at the local Dollar Tree. (They always have plenty of black DTFB.) I heard DTFB is available in 25 board units but I haven’t wanted to be alone with that much foam board tempting me. If Dollar Tree sells out I guess I’ll just need to spend more time flying & repairing instead of building.

mayan

Legendary member
I noticed that several of my local Dollar stores were out of foamboard. So finally asked them to call and try to order some in. They were told they have none to ship right now. I know its made in the USA but now I'm wondering where they get their supplies and If anyone else has seen a shortage of it? Maybe we should start stocking up? 27-day quarantine doesn't worry me but not without foamboard.
It’s because of build Ruary :).

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I noticed over Christmas it was tough to find DTFB, Might have something to do with all the crafty types making dioramas for Xmas decorations around the house. In this time I did pick up a few sheets of Elmers and it was sitting in the hangar since then, using Adams instead. I have recently built a Scout of the remaining Elmer's and to tell you truth, I might like building with Elmer's better. Seems to cut nicer, form smoother, and iron the edges nicer too. Now I know there is the down side of the cavities being a little more difficult to dig out, minor. And the sheets can be 15-20% heavier. On a mini series plane that could mean a lot of weight but on the standard size it is barely noticeable, plus if you are really concerned about it you can peel the paper to reduce weight in strategic places. I might do my next Master Series in Elmer's and see how it turns out.

Figure9

Elite member
I noticed over Christmas it was tough to find DTFB, Might have something to do with all the crafty types making dioramas for Xmas decorations around the house. In this time I did pick up a few sheets of Elmers and it was sitting in the hangar since then, using Adams instead. I have recently built a Scout of the remaining Elmer's and to tell you truth, I might like building with Elmer's better. Seems to cut nicer, form smoother, and iron the edges nicer too. Now I know there is the down side of the cavities being a little more difficult to dig out, minor. And the sheets can be 15-20% heavier. On a mini series plane that could mean a lot of weight but on the standard size it is barely noticeable, plus if you are really concerned about it you can peel the paper to reduce weight in strategic places. I might do my next Master Series in Elmer's and see how it turns out.

Glass half full up there in the frozen tundra!

mayan

Legendary member
Sounds to me like it wont form as nice as the Adam's boards.