Adam's Readi-Board Availability...

Cycle Pilot

I recently went to Dollar Tree to buy some foam board to build the new Master Mustang, but they were sold out. I then traveled to six different Dollar Trees in my area and they were all sold out. I went to Dollar Tree's website and they're backordered 30 days out! I emailed Adam's to see if they're still making the foam board or having supply chain issues. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’ve had great results with Ross fb from Walmart. Similar weight and price, the only difference, the paper is far more difficult to get off.

M

MCNC

just purchased 10 sheets from wispering pines nc dollar tree, plenty left in the rack last week

Cycle Pilot

I heard back from Adam's. They told me there was a "glitch" with Dollar Tree's ordering system which has now been corrected. Stock should start showing up again in the next couple weeks.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Odd, our Dollar Tree has had TONS of it - in fact, the last time I went in, the guys running the register said they had a couple boxes in the back because people kept coming in and buying them up like crazy...I thought I was the only one buying it up in this store location, but apparently not! :)

Cycle Pilot

Odd, our Dollar Tree has had TONS of it - in fact, the last time I went in, the guys running the register said they had a couple boxes in the back because people kept coming in and buying them up like crazy...I thought I was the only one buying it up in this store location, but apparently not! :)

Our store said it was protestors coming in to use the board to make signs.

QBoyDaddyo

Interesting info, thanks for the post. I went to my usual DollarTree on Saturday and they'd gone from fully stocked to empty in less than a week. Still empty yesterday. I should try a couple more in the area, but good to know it was just a glitch in supply chain most likely.

That being said, just to be sure I always have some on hand, I'm strongly considering a full box of 30x20/40 Maker Foam despite the extra cost. The pros and cons I've read on the forum today suggest it's not all that different from the ReadiBoard, and comparing prices elsewhere online, it's difficult to find a much better deal for 50 sheets of 20x30 in any brand. Having built one speed-build from the brown maker foam, I'm not a fan of that, but with a white surface I think I'd be happy with it. Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

In the meantime, this afternoon will see commando raids on my nearby Dollar Trees. :)

Chris

SavageX89

ya, i've been to a few dollar tree's around me and they are all out of stock. here's hoping they restock this week.

QBoyDaddyo

Turned out none of the 6 Dollar Trees I tried near me in Phoenix (Mesa) had any, except one with a few sheets of black. I checked my closest one again yesterday and nada. I did order the big box of 30x20/40 Maker Foam and it should arrive today. Now my only concern is whether it will be damaged during shipping. I expect not likely but my luck hasn't been great lately! :)

Cheers.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
This reminds me that I need to go to the local Dollar Tree and see if they have any more in stock...if not, I'll put an order in for it on the Dollar Tree website. Only disadvantage to that is that you have to buy a minimum of 25 boards...

Vimana89

Legendary member
In my experience, a lot of different dollar stores have a good chance of carrying Adams. Lately for convenience and not having to physically go into a store, I've purchased online, which is a bit tougher to find and more expensive. There's occasional sellers on Amazon and eBay that sell 25 sheets for $48, which is basically twice what you pay at the dollar store, but hey, don't have to leave the house.