Adams Readi-Board shipped to the UK (and international) for £1.66 per board :-)

RipGroove

Adams Readi-Board shipped to the UK (and international) for £1.66 (ish) per board :)

Good news eh?

I've just spoken to www.goadams.com who make the Readi-Board that FliteTest use and that is sold at www.dollartree.com and they told me that they supply the board to a company called Bazic (http://www.bazicproducts.com/foam_boards.html), then I found an eBay seller (see below) that sells "Bazic board" who also happens to use eBay's "Global Shipping Programme" which means any product they sell can be shipped internationally via a third party, see below for details:

eBay seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dollaritemdirect?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
20"x30" Bazic board on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251776795847

Item cost: £59.16
Shipping to UK: £8.18
Import charge: £15.51

Total: £82.85 (ish)

Cost per board = £1.66 (ish)

Shipping time: 8 - 16 business days

The cost is not exactly correct to the penny as the exchange rate obviously fluctuates so will vary depending on when exactly you make an order.

It looks like that due to eBay's Global Shipping programme that seller effectively ships to many countries internationally so might help out quite a few people, see bottom of this post for a list of countries.

Thanks to TEAJR66 for pointing me in the direction of "Bazic board"

Here's a breakdown of the transaction:

click to enlarge

The second piece of good news is that www.goadams.com also told me that they ARE working with FliteTest themselves in order to make them an international seller of the Readi-Board so hopefully at some point this stuff will be readily available internationally from the FliteTest store!

So now I can hit up HobbyKing for the remaining parts and as soon as my board arrives I can finally make my first FliteTest model!

So far this is the only method I can find to get Readi-Board to the UK and it turns out that although you have to buy a minimum of 50 sheets, the price per sheet isn't really that bad, its about $2.60, which on the face of it may seem high to those of you who have access to a DollarTree store but for the rest of us it may be the only other option currently. If you have any other methods please share.

List of countries available via eBay's Global Shipping Programme:

United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica
Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO/FPO

Last edited:

Tater76

Wow, thanks for doing this! I am working on getting the Australian folks a cheaper board, and have an exporter friend in Japan working on finding a comparable product as we speak. If this is going to happen, that would make life much easier :) I'm subscribed!

Tater76

Still waiting on good news from my Japanese importer friend/contact. He does have some leads, but nothing that will compare to what RipGroove found. It was worth a try I guess for the Aussie friends, I hate to see them have to pay so much for a piece of foam.

RipGroove

is readi board the same as foamboard?
i use 5mm west foamboard

Readi-board is the product name of the board that Flitetest use, it's made by a company called GoAdams. All the other boards we have in the UK are different weights or strengths etc.

viggen

interesting.i get mine from hobbycraft at £3 per sheet

hi gowen.your not all that far from me.im near bideford

RipGroove

interesting.i get mine from hobbycraft at £3 per sheet

hi gowen.your not all that far from me.im near bideford

The stuff in hobbycraft is twice as heavy as the Adams board that FT use. Plus as it turns out I got mine for only £1.60 ish per sheet.

ianlh

Yes indeed using the hobbycraft foam is very heavy, I have tried and have had to almost double up on the power required.

I will contact the seller on ebay and see if they will relist

Seller contacted, awaiting reply

Last edited:

RipGroove

This is the reason I've gone through the trouble of buying from that far away. Mine is due to arrive this coming week so hold off until I've received it just in case there is an issue with it. I did tell the seller to pack it very well as its being shipped internationally but we'll just have to see what happens.

viggen

intersting,ive never had a problem with the hobbycraft foamboard,i use tacon 10 motors so power is never a problem.lol

ripgroove.if the foam is better and arives in one peace.i will buy a batch.thanks for shareing

Last edited:

ianlh

not an issue with the foam board, just that you will struggle with the recommend power units. I use E-max motors, but recalculate for the extra mass of the airframe