Adding a 5, 6 CH on a 4 CH transmitter

rselan

Hi!

I was wondering if someone tried to add a channel on a 4 CH transmitter? ;)
I disassembled my Master 4CH TX and saw that there is on the PCB 2 wire 5,6 and 7CH empty place.
Can someone tell me if I can use this ports and how?

Br,

Robi

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I have added a channel to a 3 channel, but the servo hooked up to the receiver for the new channel moved very little. I also don't know anything about your radio, But it should be doable.
You never know until you try!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
If there are several versions of a simple transmitter they normally use only one set of hardware.
Try to connect a switch as the spare channels might be flap and gear with only 2 positions.
You obviously need a 6 channel rx to see if it works

rselan

Hi!

The rx is in deed a 6 channel so there is no problem with than.
What I'm wondering is how to implement that in the transmitter (just on/off switch)?
Do I have to put any resistor before the switch, and what to connect it to (servo - 3 wires)?

Br,

Robi

Liemavick

Mentor
Threads like this can be extremely dangerous to my transmitter. DX6i soon to be a 9? FM. is there any way for you to block me from reading this thread, my self control is non existent . A perfectly good DX6i is counting on you for its survival.

iwan_canobi

Generally if the pads are there on the pcb then you can just solder some wires on and connect a toggle switch! I did this with an FMS transmitter that had channel 5 & 6 not populated on the pcb, worked fine!

Even some rx's have the extra channels available as well, just not populated. As with anything though you do this at your own risk!

rselan

Generally if the pads are there on the pcb then you can just solder some wires on and connect a toggle switch! I did this with an FMS transmitter that had channel 5 & 6 not populated on the pcb, worked fine!

Even some rx's have the extra channels available as well, just not populated. As with anything though you do this at your own risk!

Can you tell me what did you do and how did you do it.
Did you have to put a resistor before the switch or just the switch.

iwan_canobi

Can you tell me what did you do and how did you do it.
Did you have to put a resistor before the switch or just the switch.

No resistor, just went with two wires directly to a toggle switch. I need to experiment a bit more with it though, as I was trying to use it with flaps, but it was putting them fully up, or fully down when switched (I.e fully up meaning they were above the line of the wing so would make me plummet down!). Maybe a resistor would sort that out and allow a different range.

But if it's just for retracts or something that is either on or off then it should be ok.

rselan

Threads like this can be extremely dangerous to my transmitter. DX6i soon to be a 9? FM. is there any way for you to block me from reading this thread, my self control is non existent . A perfectly good DX6i is counting on you for its survival.

I have a MASTER tx from a kit plane (ready to fly). I haven't jet buy a "real" tx and rx and would like to know the possibility for this simple 4 CH tx. If I can add flaps or gear down/up or lights on/off whit a simple soldering of two switch so be it.
To modify a DX6i is for me totally different thing or should I say unnecessary. But that is just me with a simple 4 CH tx.
Hope I helped you in any way ;)

Br,

Robi