Adding a BGC 2 Axis Gimbal to a Naze/Tricopter

Rog

I have added a 2 access gimbal to my tricopter. It's a standalone gimbal. Meaning, it does not need help from the flight board gyro. It has its own board and Gyro, simply add power in the cameras stable. This all works as expected. From the control board on the gimbal you can add tilt and roll. I'm only interested in tilt. I have connected this through a Servo tester and the tilt works great. I am looking for a way to hook this to my DX 8 auxiliary knob. I'm running a Naze flight board with clean flight 1.91. The Naze has an option to run a gimbal, however the Naze wants to be the Gyro and everything for the gimbal. There's no need for all that. I'm simply looking for an auxiliary pin that I can hook up to my last channel available. I have everything I need but a way to hook it up? If anyone has any ideas I'd really like to hear them it seems so simple. I should mention I'm running a lemon CPPM receiver. It is a CPPM only receiver, no extra pins to plug into.
Looking at the Naze information it mentions using pen 7 and 8 on the inbound side as auxiliary pin and then it mentions it needs to be configured that way??

I have been told this set up, is called PASSTHREW but it doesn't seem to be as simple to set up with a tricopter because of the servo output for the yaw.

This all started out to sound like a fantastic idea. Buy the gimbal off eBay for $45 with shipping. It is built for a go Pro but works great with a Mobius. No modification needed, just a short quarter 20 bolt to bolt the clip-on tray on and you're off and running. Now I can just find out how to operate the tilt with my radio?

Thank you
ROG

ExperimentalRC

Ive done this with multiple gimbals and multirotors. First remove your props. I did this process with props on and it accidentally spun up and broke my computer. Then go to the configuration tab in cleanflight and enable servo_tilt. You will have to move around the motor pins on the naze, refer to the manual for this. http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/naze32_rev3.pdf On your dx8 set your knob to the next available aux channel. Check which aux channel this is on in the receiver tab. Under the servos tab in cleanflight set the pitch channel to the six that your knob is on and set the rate to 0. If i didn't explain it that well then you can also Google "naze32 brushless gimbal tilt" and find a lot more help.

Rog

Thank you for your reply thank you for your reply.
I have went to the configuration page and click the checkbox to enable servo tilt.When I go back to the servo tab there is not the 2 new lines for roll and tilt. Just the line for the Yaw servo is present. It does not give me an option to turn on another channel without messing up my Yaw. I did click save after I made the change on the configuration page. And when I go back to that page it shows the check is still in the box marked enable servo tilt. The radio was already set up I have a AUX channel set and ready to go on the knob I wanted on. If the gimbal servos would show up on the servo page I would be all set.
Can you think of a reason why that's not showing up?
Thanks again for your reply
ROG

Rog

Is it possible that clean flight in tricopter mode will not allow the extra servos?

ExperimentalRC

Is it possible that clean flight in tricopter mode will not allow the extra servos?

From the manual "In Tri-copter mode, tail tilt servo connects to S1, and motors M1..M3 as shown in
Fig 3. Motor connections on the previous page. When camera stabilization is enabled,
gimbal pitch/roll servos connect to S1/S2, and motor connectors shift as well."

I don't have a tricopter to experiment with, but i think you just have to play around with it for a while.

Rog

I went through the wire switch per the manual. Luckily I did it with no props on. It turned out that nothing changed on the board however crazy things happen when stuff is not plugged in the right spot no more. I think my problem is when I click to enable the camera mount for some reason the board is not accepting the change or clean flight doesn't make the change.