Adding "Return to home" to FPV

treadd

Uber N00b
Be warned, each minute of jersey shore viewed will drain your IQ by 2 points. I think by accident I watched about 30 seconds, and am still recovering. ;)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
We don't get to watch too much TV in our home because my Son hogs the TV for playing COD or MW3 or something like that! In actual fact I don't have any idea what's going on in the world with the exception of what's on this forum :)

treadd

Uber N00b
We don't get to watch too much TV in our home because my Son hogs the TV for playing COD or MW3 or something like that! In actual fact I don't have any idea what's going on in the world with the exception of what's on this forum :)

And that's all that really matters. If the zombie apocalypse comes to pass, I promise to mention it here in the forums so you'll know to get ready. Hmm...then again, it's possible that you would only get the ones that had to walk along the ocean floor to Australia. They would be in bad shape, and probably take a while to get to you. OK so cancel the zombie threat, but at least you'll know why no-one else is posting anymore!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
If the zombie apocalypse comes to pass, I promise to mention it here in the forums so . .

Thanks man :D Its much appeciated !!!

We've talked about that . . well not Zombies but something happening and us having no idea!

earthsciteach

First, let me say that this posting is absolutely in no way indicative of any delusion of contribution to this thread on my part. I read through the thread and now, more than ever, realize that, to me, this whole FPV/OSD/GPS/RTH/EIEIO aspect of RC may as well be DIY instructions for home brain surgery. I feel like I am missing out on the champagne room of RC flight. Not that I've ever been to such an establishment...

Now I REALLY want to join the FEWGoRCP club! (Fancy Electronic Wireless Gizmos on Remote Control Planes) :p

treadd

Uber N00b
Brain surgery and zombies in the same thread!? Coincidence? ;)

Although what you mention is a large part of why I am enjoying this hobby so much. Trying to get my tricopter's ESCs programmed, adjusting gyro sensitivity, realizing I needed to use a heli model rather than acro so I could get a throttle curve....the combination of frustrating and fun leave you with a great sense of accomplishment once you finally figure it out and everything works!

I know the motivation is different for everyone, but for me personally, if I didn't have to tinker and mess with my stuff all the time I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun.

I think it was this very concept that caused me to crash both my planes this morning. I had three perfect days of flying, which the flying gods decided was a little too much too soon. :( I tore the gear and motor mount off my Diablo foamie attempting an inverted pass, and for some reason the motor mount and motor on my ExAir-style 'RedHawk' decided to part with the plane in flight. The only disappointment was I had to stop flying for the morning. The good news is now I have something to work on tonight! :D

I totally want to join FEWGoRCP!!!

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Ha! I am hijacking this thread for a moment and agreeing with you on the tinkering aspect. Earlier today, I came to the self-realizrealizations currently have no interest in buying a factory produced airplane. I am totally absorbed in scratch-built airplane r